Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Amsterdam Press Conference

Looks like a PS01, for a livery obviously...

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Jello_Biafra]

Comments

• i can't see anything
  • yeah the nose seems to be a ps01
  • Oh shit! New livery already?!?!
    *Come on Black sidepods*
  • Oh shit! New livery already?!?!
    *Come on Black sidepods*
    "Come on anything but what we had"

I'd actually expect the old livery with Alber's sponsors. :rolleyes:
  • ALBERS TO RACE FOR MINARDI IN 2005

Formula One fans in the Netherlands can celebrate a little earlier than normal this festive season with the announcement today that Christijan Albers is to drive for the Minardi Cosworth team in 2005. The identity of the first of Minardi’s two race drivers for the new season was announced this morning to a packed press conference at the prestigious Bilderberg Garden Hotel in Amsterdam.

Albers, who is now an established star in the German Touring Car Championship (DTM), is also well known to Minardi personnel, both as a regular driver of the team’s exciting two-seater F1 cars and as a former member of the European Formula Racing F3000 team, owned at the time by Minardi Team Principal, Paul Stoddart. More recently, Albers took part in the Faenza squad’s Misano test last month, driving a 2004-specification Minardi Cosworth PS04B. He impressed team members by setting the fastest time of the week-long session in just 20 laps.

Albers’ move to Formula One in 2005 has been made possible by the support of a number of enthusiastic commercial backers, who will be revealed at a special, pre-season F1 launch party to be held on January 27th, at a secret location in Amsterdam. Leading investor is Lost Boys and Media Republic founder Michiel Mol, who comments: “This is my Christmas present to all Dutch F1 fans”.

Aside from the sponsors, the Essentially Group and John Byfield have fulfilled an important consultancy role to both the driver and his backers, as has GR8 Industries, Albers’ official management company for the past four years, which is run by Lodewijk Varossieau. In addition, ABN AMRO Corporate Finance acted as financial adviser during negotiations with the team.

“We are very pleased to be able to announce Christijan as one of our two race drivers for 2005,” comments Minardi Team Principal, Paul Stoddart. “He has always been a naturally quick driver, but it is clear there is now an added maturity and focus with that speed. In short, we believe he is absolutely ready for Formula One, and we fully expect him to surprise a few people this coming season, particularly since Minardi also has ambitious plans. From a personal point of view, it is very gratifying to see a number of Dutch companies getting behind a talented young driver in order to help him take that final, and most difficult, step to the highest level of motor racing. Knowing Christijan as I do, I’m certain he will reward the faith placed in him.”

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by c13]
  • SHOCKING!

Merry Christmas Minardi fans.
  • such a surprise...
  • Forza Albers :D
  • and RJ has the news posted before Atlas or f1racing.net. :P
  • as I should... the only reason why this wasn't the case during the last races of the season was because of my Italian exile (and f@*$£ Telecom Italia)
  • and RJ has the news posted before Atlas
    Where's your paysite now? :hehe:
  • Not to detract from RJ's hard work, but he's still yet to get into the factory for a photo tour. ;)

Albers' site must be swamped, it won't load at all.
  • Other than the 2 at F1racing.net still bo pics yet.....
    (not even anything at sutton, the folders there, but nothings been uploaded)
  • No new livery :(
    http://images.f1racing.net/large/38244.jpg

BTW: That Hungo fan club thing is still on top of the sidepod, so read into that what you will....
  • It's not January 1st yet. ;)
  • Dunno if this will work, but wtf...

EDIT: Nope. But be sure to check the page viees per day :hehe:

[Edited on 23/12/2004 by Clown]
  • those pics are terrible, who took them?
  • ^ Um... they are branded :P

Who are these two?
  • the one next to stoddart is Minardi's press officer Graham Jones, the guy with the curly hair is CA's manager Lodewijk Varossieau
  • Nice job on a certain modification RJ :D
  • the one next to stoddart is Minardi's press officer Graham Jones, the guy with the curly hair is CA's manager Lodewijk Varossieau
    Damn, I was hoping for sponsors. NO-ONE has it yet :spank:
  • Nice job on a certain modification RJ
    you're a bright little boy as the first to notice but don't tell the others:P
  • Heh, he sticks out like a sore thumb there RJ... You might not have to change it any more though. ;)

That just looks akward....
  • he sticks out like a sore thumb
    Its a bit bright. Try darkening the layer.
  • Heh, he sticks out like a sore thumb there RJ... You might not have to change it any more though.
    just a gesture for now, gotta wait for some better pics
  • I think it's just because he's really white and he's between a Hungarian and and Italian..
  • are those minardi jumpers new?
  • That question popped into my head too..