Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Euro 3000 TV Coverage

Bobo - a Minardi fan who unfortunately does not post here much emailed me and said that "In Italy E3000 will be seriousely covered by media thanks to RAI DUE, RAI Sport Satellite, Sky, Sportitalia, Odeon, La 7, Nuvolari MotorChannell."

I cannot get any of these channels on my Dish network - or so it appears when I look at the programming they have available for me to buy.

That leads me to this question/request. Can you Euro types poke about and see IF your TV plan in your country will be covering it. If so I would gladly make it worth your while to either tape them and send me the the tape so I can have it converted from PAL to our version OR if you can tape and convert to DVD - and or +. Of course it woould be best if one of the English speaking channels would cover it but beggars can't be choosers.

Let me know - this way we can catch the action albeit delayed.

FORZA

Comments

• I am almost certain Euro F3000 is not available on UK satellite - maybe as clips in one of the magazine progs but I don't hold out much hope.

I can't ever remember seeing it and I've seen most things! Even poxy club racing at Magny-Cours.
  • sportitalia might be the only channel that shows more than a 10 second clip of each race as I doubt there will be much coverage on the major channels such as rai2 (or how much formula atlantic coverage do you get on fox?)

that pretty much narrows down your choice to our italian friends as that programme can't be received outside of Italy.
  • I've emailed Bobo and asked if he woulod tape the events for us - will advise on his reply. Salvo - can you be of any help if Bobo can't?

• or perhaps make it as a torrent and we can download it

i got alot of f1 races from the uk on torrent files, i know i get speedvision. but it is good to get in from another country to see how they show the race and get footage that sv doent get or cant show.

so go ahead ask what a torrent is..
  • Okay - what is a torrent and how is it made/distributed etc etc. I'll host if I can....

Although curiosity got the better of me and I Google'd it - Mac OSX software IS avvailable. All I need is content.....

[Edited on 23/2/2006 by MCSF]
  • I'll keep an eye on that, Emmett, I'll let you know. Forza Minardi
  • Emmo we could host Torrent clips on MCSF if someone can do them . Viges you dont think Motors TV will cover the series?
  • Thats what I was thinking - I do think we would need permission to run the clips from Ity TV though. I would think GCM could smooth that one over for us. After all my best guess will be that this year will be the biggest viewership that this series will have ever gotten due in most part to GCM's involvement.
  • a torrent is a file that is zipped up and is downloaded using bitcomet much like how nappseter workes. a peer to peer file transfer program

you can go here http://torrentreactor.net/ and see how it works very popular medium used to up load movies tv shows from the uk (dr who) or other types of files

hope this helps

G$
  • Gotcha - but what type of content is uploaded - raw digital or converted to MPEG or QT or????

The problem we will have is that if the person who captures the video may or may not have the ability or time to convert to DV. Therefore the best way to do this is to know in advance which way to capture the data so the upload is quicker.

Am I making sense GMoney?
  • yea i got it . well it can be any file type qt or mpeg divx in the notes in the torrent he can put what type of file it is
  • Ger, I don't recall any Euro F3000 stuff on Motors. Not for a couple of years by the look of this.

http://www.motorstv.com/site/home.php?sec=rechart&Idarbo=110&lg=2
  • I was counting on Eurosport...will check it though
  • Maybe Raceworld.TV will broadcast it ?

Btw, Emmo
    to either tape them and send me the the tape so I can have it converted from PAL to our version OR if you can tape and convert to DVD - and or +.
    why so complicated?

Just connect a DVD recorder to the TV and put in a blank DVD !!!;)

• Although curiosity got the better of me and I Google'd it - Mac OSX software IS avvailable. All I need is content.....
    There's some setting for Upload / Download speed (trottle) in the official OS X BitTorrent client.

Nothing big, but these 2 values have to be adjusted...otherwise, downloads just trickle with low speed.

Just to let you know...
  • Just connect a DVD recorder to the TV and put in a blank DVD !!!;)
    I understand that - but we need a warm body on the ground in a n area that will be showing the Euro races that HAS such a device. Everybody has a VCR still I suppose.

• I threw the old VCR in the garbage over a year ago !!;)