Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Hello

Hi Guys
Just to say hello I have heard a lot of great things about this site. Me well I am a journalist working for National Geographic. I am based in Dublin Ireland at present but I was born and bred in Baltimore, Maryland USA. I've been a fan of Minardi for many years. I have had the honor of meeting Mr Minardi many times specially in 1999 when I spent a lot of time in the paddock covering F1 for CNN. I was told about this site recently by a fellow worker even though Minardi have left F1 (I hope not for long) I think its amazing to have a group of hardcore fans keeping things alive. I hope to be part of your group and look forward to joining in your discussions.

Norm

Comments

• Welcome aboard Spark!
  • Howdy Spark!
  • Hey Spark, welcome to this site!
  • Hi Sparky
    What took you so long ??? ;):hehe:

Welcome !!!
  • Hey, nice to see a new face now some people are about to leave the site :)
  • Don't worry - Minardi's dominance of the Euro 3000 series will have the place packed!
  • NORM.........................................................
  • Hey Spark - you mentioned that you met THE MAN quite a few times back in the day. Could you do a little story telling of your memories of working in the pitlane in general and your dealings with Minardi in specific?

I think it would make for a great read and keep us all quite entertained until the show kicks off here in a few weeks.

Any pics would be great as well - I can host if that makes it any easier.

Thanks in advance

FORZA MINARDI
  • Oh great, another Yank/Mick confused identity, and a hack to boot!

Get lost!

• That means Lease has a crush on you.
  • Welcome Spark..

Are we about to get an emergence ( struggling to find the right collective) of new forummers now that ForzaMinardi as an F1 support site cannot lose!

We survived not winning for so many years,
    can we survive DNS in 2006?

Spin
  • good to have you here sparky! welcome!
  • welcome, welcome
  • Welcome old fruit. Where have you been?!
  • Ahh, a Spark of hope in dark days.

Always welcome!

• Welcome Spark.....
  • Most welcome !!!
  • Wow guys thank you so much for the welcome. I have never used forums before but this must be a very unique place indeed! MCSF I had the honor of interviewing Mr Minardi at Imola in 99 I have the transcript back in Baltimore but when I get home in April I will edit it and post it here. He was an amazing gentleman to interview. My Italian is basic his english was worse but his PA a lady was our translator. He spoke with such feeling and truth so far removed from other team leaders at the time. I was hooked on the team after I did the interview which CNN who I was working for at the time showed in the USA. Photographs I do not have any worth while I am afraid.

Once again thank you all for the welcome. I am reading the other articles on the forum trying to get an understanding of forzaminardi and geez you guys are excellent!
  • Any way possible to get a video of that interview? Any connections in the vaults at CNN? RJ?
  • I don't have much to do with the TV people + the current London bureau was opened in 2001 so I doubt there is much of a "vault", that would in Atlanta.
  • Any connections in Atlanta - either you OR Sparky? I think if we could get a copy of this, convert to DV and post it would be awesome!
  • I can ty and make calls to CNN to see if they will let me avail of a copy of the interview but CNN is a huge business -RJ I guess you know so I dont expect a quick reply. I still know people in Atlanta so I will see what can be done. If I remember the interview was seriously edited but it was memorable. Guys if I can get it I will make it available.
    On another note I see you guys had a ball in Imola last season the pictures showed you guys had a lot of fun eh.
  • did you see our banner :hehe:
  • Spark - did you see the pics over at www.minardiusa.com?
  • Wow guys thank you so much for the welcome. I have never used forums before but this must be a very unique place indeed! MCSF I had the honor of interviewing Mr Minardi at Imola in 99 I have the transcript back in Baltimore but when I get home in April I will edit it and post it here. He was an amazing gentleman to interview. My Italian is basic his english was worse but his PA a lady was our translator. He spoke with such feeling and truth so far removed from other team leaders at the time. I was hooked on the team after I did the interview which CNN who I was working for at the time showed in the USA. Photographs I do not have any worth while I am afraid.

Once again thank you all for the welcome. I am reading the other articles on the forum trying to get an understanding of forzaminardi and geez you guys are excellent!
    We're not quite used to that sort of respect.
    Are you sure you're a journalist?

;) Spin
  • Shut it.
  • G'day Sparky. This place is fillin' up with bloody journo's. What's going on isn't there enough happening to keep you blokes busy???
  • Oznomad I work for NGM nothing happens here! I am looking forward to getting back to the US in April hopefully to do some freelance work. MCSF I checked the website - Nice. Is the club still alive? If so how can I join? I hope to get to Indy and it would be nice if you guys were there to hook up.
  • Hi spark, glad you could join us!!

If you can get hold of that interview you will be a very popular man!!!!!
  • Thanks Spark but the man who runs my site is my personal leprechaun named Ger. The site and the membership etc etc would not be what it is today/in the future without him.

Indy.....well since the whole STR deal went there really is no place for us in F1. However we still have friends in the Team Formerly Know As Minardi (TFKAM) so our plan is to try and do something nice for the individuals in some way or another. However our big trip to support Minardi is three of us, Ger, Murph and myself will be going to Monza and then after that to Faenza.

Depending on other factors and the interest of those attending Indy (I won't as it falls exactly on my son's bday + the Monza trip's expense) we will make the call sometime in the near future as to what we will do. Stay tuned to www.minardiusa.com for more details.