Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Winners/Losers

Winners:
Cosworth: I'm sure Christian Horner wished he hadn't chosen Ferrari engines when he saw Rosberg zooming past Klien. They should have another team to make engines for though, as they won't have the development budget to keep it up there.

Massa: Okay, he did the occasional "Massa" but his qualifying pace shows that he should be where he is, in the second red car.

Schu: What a comeback, makes you think he was just told to lay low for a while last year by Bernie.

Losers:
BARrichello: what's wrong with the guy? he was way off Button's pace all weekend

Toyota: My word, looks like they have come up with a complete brick. With their budget they should manage to do a little better than just staying ahead of Midland!

feel free to add :-)

Comments

• winner: fernando. He won.
    kimi. He's great.
    Schu. He's back.
    massa. He's not that crap.
    Nico. Well done, boy, well done.
    loser: toyota (they should lend me some money, I'd use it better than they do, for sure)
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    Losers:
    BARrichello: what's wrong with the guy? he was way off Button's pace all weekend
    Barrichello claimed he lost a gear

Winner: Us. I found the qualification a lot more interesting.

• Winner: Us. I found the qualification a lot more interesting.
    I agree we were the biggest winners this weekend, hopefully next weekend is just as exciting.

Nico, Alonso, Kimi, an Michael were all winners this weekend too. I'd say Ide was a winner too, he lasted a lot longer than I thought he would and a mechanical problem kept him from finishing. Can't wait till Sato an Ide get a car that is worth anything, I'm sure they will be beating Midland and possibly Toyota.
  • Sorry guys Massa is crap. No quality driver makes such a simple unforced error at a critical stage in the race.
    Cosworth really do have a moster engine.
  • winner and loser rosberg. he was awesome but probs in qualifying and the first lap limited him to 7th.
  • Petrol is right; Massa is the new Sato - fast but crap. Expect Schumi/Rossi, Schumi/Kimi, Kimi/Rossi, Kimi/Ascari next year, anything but Massa.

Rosberg is another gem; fastest lap and some ballsy overtaking - Jense, for that matter, was mega into turn one. Cosworth - well done guys, you should have people banging on your door. Has STR been protested yet?! Did I see Liuzzi motor past Klein?

Rubens lost 3rd gear - rather important.

Renault is the best car, Schumi was obviously lighter during quali 3.

Best thing? Four teams can win this one. Bring it on.

PS did anyone else hear Fisico's radio transmission? (his ECU was preventing top end performance)

Engineer: don't worry mate, you're doing a great job, we'll get you in the points, keep going.

Fisico: Yeah, but this is f*cking shit.
  • Nice to see Massa "gettin the love" from Petrol & Simon..........'sigh

I do believe in the fellow......... like to see a nice guy do well....... time well tell whether I'm right or wrong..........

ciao y'all
  • i ask myself where he came from anyway. it's not that he was the greatest revelation of all time during his time at sauber
  • Winnner: Petrol, I have to say it, you were dead right about the restricted V10, it's fast!

Winner: Williams, they have a better car, great engine and now it looks as if they have two strong drivers. Webber had a solid performance aqnd Rosberg lifted strongly after his coming together with the driver who occupied his seat last year. Well done to both drivers, Williams and Ferrari were the surprises for me this time round.

Winner: Ferrari, Michael and the car look like they will fight for the title.

Losers: Massa, not a great start for the man. Juan (who I used to dislike and now think he is good fellow) is just not cutting the mustard with McLaren. I hope he gets better.

Losers: RedBull. How bad does it look for RB when the STR comes up to the back of DC, pulls out and takes him down the straight! Even though they are both RB cars it's not a great advertisment.
  • Originally posted by Murph
    Nice to see Massa "gettin the love" from Petrol & Simon..........'sigh

I do believe in the fellow......... like to see a nice guy do well....... time well tell whether I'm right or wrong..........

ciao y'all
    Please tell me you recall our heated debate while overseas!
  • murph has decided to leave us btw...
  • See you Murph. Too bad though, this is still the best F1 forum on the web!
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    murph has decided to leave us btw...
    ????????
  • he packed his bags and left... told me he didn't like the STR bashing going on in here and that he had lost touch with the people posting here...
  • Had STR ever done anything to keep us as fans then I would say this bashing is undeserved, but as they have not done anything and just written bad pr to us about the name change and then Berger's comment I see this bashing of STR appropriate. Though this bashing should be towards Red Bull and Berger.

The actual crew that works on the cars do not deserve any bashing, they are just doing their job which is going racing as they have under many management changes.

[Edited on 14-3-0606 by Telstar]
  • It is sad anyone gets fed up/bored with this site.

I like Murph and agree with him that the STR bashing can get rather childish and wearing but that is life. It's no different to the endless Stoddie-bashing.

ForzaMinardi.com is at its best when there is a genuine, lively debate and not tiresome posturing. The next few months will be a big test without our team to cheer on. We must cheer on Faenza and anyone who doesn't is mad. The forum must remain relative and interesting but, most of, all fun. STR-bashing is dull. They bought the team. Move on.
  • The superb:
    - Rosberg !

The good:
    - Williams performance
    - Super Aguri (even with all the help from Honda, they made it on the grid after 5 months and Sato saw the flag.)

The bad:
    - Toyota
    - Sauber-BMW
    - Red Bull & STR (especially STR after all the V10 hype)
  • anyone else notice the change in attitude for both Mclaren drivers. Its as if they've finally grown up. kimi didn't throw his steering wheel away, i almost died of shock.
  • Big Loser was BMW.

Imagine leaving for your own team with your own engine and you're still shit.

They would not of liked the engine blowing up either.

Makes Williams look like they were right all along.

Winners
    MS back at the top
    Nico is a star.
    Williams are oging to do well in Malaysia and Australia.

Losers
    Toyota
    Toyota
    Toyota
    How to blow $1 billion dollars plus and have a car that would compare to Minardi. If only we had a little of the money.
  • I for one am sad to see a guy with Murph's knowledge leave. His input will be sorely missed. I for one have never bashed STR and hope Murph returns soon. After all whats a forum without its members.
  • When I first read Berger's comment I thought "what an @ss".
    But after thinking about it, one could interpret it like "many (ignorant) people had a low esteem of Minardi and would make negative comments to you or would laugh at you if you said you'd work there."

Personal note: I know people at work that watch F1, but don't know more about it than what they see on TV on race-Sundays. They always said Minardi was crap, because all the info they had was that they were (almost) always the slowest cars on the grid !!!!
  • Originally posted by Minardus
    When I first read Berger's comment I thought "what an @ss".
    But after thinking about it, one could interpret it like "many (ignorant) people had a low esteem of Minardi and would make negative comments to you or would laugh at you if you said you'd work there."

Personal note: I know people at work that watch F1, but don't know more about it than what they see on TV on race-Sundays. They always said Minardi was crap, because all the info they had was that they were (almost) always the slowest cars on the grid !!!!
    I thought the same for Super Aguri, commentators on German TV (RTL) were full of disparaging comments like "6 pit stops for Sato ?" and "Ide clearly not up to F1 challenge when he hits his own pit crew".
    What they missed was a defective gas station and Ide's troubles with gears, which made it impossible for him to switch into Neutral in the pitlane.

Problem is most people don't care about the fine print or press releases / interviews from the drivers after the race or available budget and manpower.

[Edited on 15-3-0606 by bladerunner1]
  • Note:

Rubens was slow BEFORE loosing 3rd gear. After he was super slow.
  • fully agree, nuvolari, unless he lost his gear all weekend that doesn't really explain it
  • I guess Barrichello is getting used to the new car yet... the traction control now is a lot different from the Ferrari years.
  • Welcome on board Giuuuuulia - nice signature that reminds me of Julius Ceaser!
  • welcome, welcome
  • Welkom
  • Hey thank you guys!
  • Albers outpaced Monteiro, Rosberg outraced Webber, Massa kept up with Schu's pace, just to mention this race (and not the winter testing). I mean, all new boys could get grips with their new cars quickly. The only one that couldn't... the always complaining Barrichello. Yes, I do not like him a bit.

By the way, nothing special about Schu's race, in my view.