Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Malaysia

Not quite the classic one had hoped for but I have to say the field looks very even. How many in here expected Trulli to lose his position in the final corner? The field looks extremely even, could be an even tighter season than last year but I yet have to find a reason to care. Somewhat drawn towards BMW, Williams and of course Alonso. Let's see

Comments

• Well as someone usually points out, Friday's times don't really matter.

Your right about not much change in a week too. I wonder how much Toyota has spent this week to figure out their problems. Rlaf still looks to be slow, as expected by my, at least Trulli was able to get up to 8th.
  • I'm waiting for the qualification. Hope it is as good as the first one.
  • There is a race this weekend? I did not think any race worth watching was until the start of the Euro 3000 series.
  • Omfg, Fisico on Pole and Alonso only 7/8th ????

M$, Barri, Massa and DC changed engines ;)
  • A former Minardi driver on pole :)
    Well done Fisico!
  • Rubhino sucks, the Fish and Jense are light, all the TOIT engines will fail, and Williams are gonna win. Simple as that.

Could be a good race actually.
  • By the hairy armpits of Zeus, that Rosberg guy is much quicker than I could have ever anticipated. well spotted, sir frank
  • actually well spotted Sam Michael - it was Michael who recommended him to SFW as the man to watch.

where's petrol? tell me how bad Williams are going to be again, oh you wise sage. :mad:
  • Clearly P1 you did not follow the race. Rosberg seemed to be running with the wick fully turned up. All well and good but does not bode well for the longevity does it.
    I'm still standing by my prediction that BMW will be ahead by seasons end.
    TOIT can forget any title hopes. Best to give the titles to a Michelin team now!
  • Lots of engines broke this weekend.

Great start by Alonso!!!

Bravo Fisico.

And congratz to Aguri with another finish.
  • Bravo Fisico and Alonso.

Sadly, with tyre changes, we are back to the days of 'waiting for the stops'. I fear more races will be like this than Bahrain.

BTW Toyota are hardly using their tyres, they cannot generate grip.

Have TOIT been protested yet about the flexing wings? It is clear from the on board.

Am warming to Aguri ...
  • Nice one Fissi. Got to agree with Viges I dont like the tyre stops and the final qualifing to determine the top 10 absoultly sucks.

[Edited on 19-3-0606 by Ger]
  • On the TOIT Wing -

Ferrari have agreed to scrap their 'flexy' rear wing ahead of the Australian Grand Prix following a quiet word from the FIA.

The FIA were forced into action regarding the Italian outfit's rather flexible, and therefore illegal, rear wing after receiving a letter of protest from Ferrari's rivals. Eight teams are believed to have signed the letter, with Red Bull, who use Ferrari engines, and Toro Rosso, RBR's B-team, the only exceptions.

According to reports, Ferrari have now conceded that they had misinterpreted the regulations governing the cars' wings and had assured their rivals that they would use modified wings at the next race, the Australian GP.

And in return, the eight teams have agreed not to protest the outcome of today's Malaysian GP, which they had threatened to do prior to Ferrari's compliance.

The FIA have also committed to do a thorough check on whatever wing the Italian outfit brings to Melbourne in two week's time.

[Edited on 19-3-0606 by Ger]
  • Went to bed not long after the first stops.

Well done to the Fish, but can he keep it up?

Sad day for the Williams boys. Ther're some tracks that certain drivers shouldn't bother with. For Webber, it's Sepang.

Can't stand the colours of half of the grid. Someone get rid of all that red/black/grey shit for crying out loud.

This track should have produced close racing under the current regs and yet it was boring. Hope the season unfolds a bit more interestingly. What about Rubhino, eh? Will he be the new Jacques?

Bring back Minardi. I want something to keep me interested.
  • ... so you missed Satos moves in the aguri, classic tailender stuff.
  • Originally posted by Lease
    Rubhino sucks, the Fish and Jense are light, all the TOIT engines will fail, and Williams are gonna win. Simple as that.

Could be a good race actually.

Well predicted :D
  • Bring back Minardi. I want something to keep me interested.
    Your lips to Gods ears.
  • Mclaren also are changing their rear wing. Seems not only Ferrari were pushing the limit.
  • Originally posted by Lease
    What about Rubhino, eh? Will he be the new Jacques?

No. Rubinho will never be the slow former world champion.

• Seems not only Ferrari were pushing the limit.
    How long have you been coming to this site? The last time I checked TOIT was and will always remain TOIT!
  • The Only Italian Team.
  • sorry i apologise.
  • Bravo Fisico, I was so happy for him.
    Now he needs to win a race in europe!
  • another team to change their rear wing is BMW Sauber and both BMW and Mclaren said TOIT can't use their rear ring.
  • Thats more like it!
  • Bring back Minardi. I want something to keep me interested.
    Exactly. Without Minardi, what is there to be excited about? I've deliberately missed both races this season. Nowadays, F1 is mostly boring anyhow - unless Minardi is involved, of course.

Money and business seem to be adept in ruining a good show..
  • Personally I'm pulling for the BMW's. Very happy to see Bourdais leave it in the gravel trap, Massa too. It wasnt the best race Ive seen but by far not the worst, the racing does seem pretty even. A little suprised that Trulli is hanging up there, I thought the Toyo would be crap like every season, prob just need to give it time before they are crap again.
  • I certainly don't hope we will get many more races like this. Raikkonen is the most colorless driver I know (when sober). I'd rather see Ralf Schumacher than him and that really means something. Hopefully we'll see some more competition between McLaren and Ferrari this season because in these first two races they hardly even got near eachother.
  • Support BMW?! I'd rather paint my entire house beige.

What of KL ...

- Massa has been found out
    - winter testing was right, Albert Park was an anomaly, TOIT are quickest
    - go slow after Q3 quickest lap should never have been allowed in the first place, bloody dangerous.

Should be another vintage year and isn't it great to see the drivers DRIVING the cars (I refer back to young Felipe).

[Edited on 24-3-08 by viges]
  • Well said sir! I am baffled as to how Massa managed to spin the car at the exit of the apex. Is his car control that bad?
    Anyone hoping that Toyo fails is wasting his time. They were quick at both circuits and were capable of running with the Maclarens in Malaysia. Thats telling you something.
    Hamilton's driving style where he tends to slide the car through the corners may not pay off in these times of no driver aids. Kovalainen's style seems more suited. We'll see at season's end.