Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Midland rumours

Autosport reports continuing staff upheaval at Midland; buyout still possible and bills piling up; 'we are having trouble taxing the trucks', etc.

Comments

• I have a buddy working for Midland at Silverstone and he thinks they will fold before the season ends. Funny I only called him today to say I'm back home to the US later this week and he was saying they are cautious as to the future but kolles looks to be leaving the sinking ship!
  • They've issued a statement denying it all. They're screwed.

They'll be getting no favors from Bernard either, with 22 teams trying to race next year.
  • Did anybody REALLY think they had what it takes?
  • well we thought they had one thing: money
  • If you look up you can see the vultures circling. I suspect Schnaider will sell up. There are probably interested parties but the price has to be right. Schnaider never looked convincing in F1. Should have stuck with Dallara instead of doing a bodge job. Now he's got a bodge team thats not worth much money.
  • Racing Engineering (GP2) are interested in buying Midland
  • is it just me or did shnaider say he had money to feed the cows with when he came into F1?
  • He sure gave that impression at least. I couldn't help but be skeptical.

I don't see how Racing Engineering could do any better than Midland is now...
  • I read that Shnaider underestimated the daily operational costs of running the team. What's the saying about a fool and his money....
  • Originalmente escrito por Jello_Biafra
    He sure gave that impression at least. I couldn't help but be skeptical.

I don't see how Racing Engineering could do any better than Midland is now...
    Rumors here in Spain are that Telefonica and Repsol would give financial backing if there would be a Spanish F1 team.
  • Where have we heard that before?!
  • I wonder? Maybe it was a former small Italian racing team we all held close to our hearts.
  • Grandprix.com:
    Behind the motorhomes in Imola

Alex Shnaider has been rather excited in recent days about rumours suggesting that he is selling his MF1 Racing Formula 1 team. Indeed he has even become rather impolite on the subject.

"It's lazy, irresponsible journalism, and in the end, the lies only serve to damage their own credibility," Shnaider told Canada's Globe and Mail. "The media writing these rumours should go back and analyze everything they wrote about us last year and see whether anything they reported happened."

This was an interesting response to stories that Alfonso de Orleans-Borbon of the Racing Engineering GP2 team is seeking to buy the MF1 Racing team.

Some of the lazy hacks may have gone home by 5pm on Friday afternoon at Imola but those with sharp eyes would have spotted the figure of Orleans-Borbon picking his way through the equipment behind the F1 motorhomes to arrive at the back door of the MF1 motorhome. No doubt Alex Shnaider will have a suitable explanation about the visit, but it would not be a surprise if irresponsible members of the F1 media concluded that the Spanish nobleman was not there for a cup of tea.
  • Schnaider's strategy is already proved right - an F1 franchise is an in-demand commodity again. Shame for him he believed Bernie about what it would cost him to run the thing until a buyer came along - he should have talked to Stoddart.