Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Indifference?

Anyone else having a hard time getting into F1 this year without our beloved team?

Only thing that has excited me at all year was local TV having Murray Walker in the box for the OZGP (he's still got it :cool: )

But other than that.... I just don't care :(

Comments

• Yeah I almost lost 70% of my interest in F1...
  • haven't seen a gp yet

mainly due to the fact that i don't own a tv set :P
  • I'm waiting for the tape of the Adria race the Team is sending me. Otherwise I really don't care.
  • Seen them all so far. I think the racing has been pretty exciting this year, and Melbourne was a great spectacle. Clown, yes hearing Murray's "Melbourne is Go, Go, Go" was a treat.

I think this year has the potential to be a great year. Renault is ahead at the mo, but, I think Mclaren is about to swoop, Ferrari is only a race away from being competitive, Jenson is also there, and Williams is on the cusp of mixing it with the big guns.

Sadly for some of you whose only interest in F1 is Minardi, it will be a non event. My interest is F1. Whilst not having Minardi appear on the start grid lessens the interest a touch, there still remains other interests for me, like seeing Webber win a race, seeing Kimi, Fernando, Schumi and Jenson fighting it out, seeing Super Aguri beat the Red Bull cars-all four of them. So much too look forward to.

Indifference? Not on my side of the fence Clown.
  • First and foremost i'm a motorsport nutter, so Minardi or no-Minardi i'll be watching. That's not to say I don't miss the team (and hate looking at those f@$# ugly Toro Rosso cars)
  • I'm with SuperRoo and Brooksey on this.
  • Me too. the racing has been good. Williams are close to really challenging Renault and McLaren as are BAR and Ferrari. It is a shame Minardi is not there but at least the cucumber is sticking up the Reb Bull now and again.

It's going to be a good year
  • Originally posted by Brooksey
    First and foremost i'm a motorsport nutter, so Minardi or no-Minardi i'll be watching. That's not to say I don't miss the team (and hate looking at those f@$# ugly Toro Rosso cars)
    I'm nutter for racing too. And I'm still into a lot of stuff this year.
    But F1 occupied soley by corporations and pty ltd assholes just doesn't do it for me.
    I want an actual team.
  • Clown, just about every high profile motorsport series in the world cannot exist without corporate backing. Minardi had corporate backing, just not enough of it. You need to go to club level if you want corporate free racing.

For me it is about the driver and his machinery. I have never once cared who the sponsor is or what their intentions are for entering the sport. Racing is racing mate, at that's what matters to me.
  • Racing used to be about racing.
    Now its about making cash.
    Do you really see any team owner in F1 morgaging their mansion to keep their team afloat?

I like "real racing".
    For me, Minardi was the last bit of "real racing" in F1.
    Now its just business men.
  • Sir Frank and Patrick Head are business men and also have racing in their blood. So does Ron Dennis, Jean Todt, Ross Brawn, Aguri Suzuki... These guys have been around racing along time. Like them or hate them, these guys live racing.

It's a nostalgic notion you have Clown, but times change.
  • Hear hear - I didn't see Stoddie mortgaging anything and he would have been mad so to do.
  • Didn't he spend a lot of his own as well as European's money?
  • Nope not really watched any, only caught a highlights program of the Malaysian GP when i was back in England for spring break. Apart from that Speed doesn't work on my TV here in the states and havent felt the need to get up and watch the races at my friends house.

Still in search of a new F1 team to support.
  • Watched them all up until now.
  • Well, it happens to me too. Very depressing.
  • for the first time since 1999 I did not watch the aus gp live. If its going to be a renault white wash this year i think i'll look at CART

[Edited on 22-4-0606 by Minardifan2002]
  • It's just not the same, is it? It's like a good TV show after all your favourite characters left.
  • if all the races are like todays. forget cart. F1 for me.
  • Originally posted by Clown
    [quote]Originally posted by Brooksey
    First and foremost i'm a motorsport nutter, so Minardi or no-Minardi i'll be watching. That's not to say I don't miss the team (and hate looking at those f@$# ugly Toro Rosso cars)
    I'm nutter for racing too. And I'm still into a lot of stuff this year.
    But F1 occupied soley by corporations and pty ltd assholes just doesn't do it for me.
    I want an actual team. [/quote]

What he said :mad:
  • IMHO, I like the new qual format. I actually enjoy it more than the race in some cases. I missed this weekend but will catch it ont he replay on SPEED on the 30th. But my expectations where not great as the track limits passing. Then again, so does Monaco. I think the speeds and tech have to keep pace with the tracks being evolved to match and take advantage of the tech advances. i also would like to see better personalities bred into F1. I'm tired of the arrogant swine who happen to be good drivers. I think we could be seeing a transition to a NEW kind of F1. I only hope it's better than it was....and GCM can come on back of course.