Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Montagny to partner Albers?

From itv.f1.com:

MONTAGNY IN FRAME AT MINARDI

Renault test driver Franck Montagny has emerged as a serious contender for a Minardi drive.

The Frenchman confirmed to Australian Associated Press that he has been in contact with team boss Paul Stoddart.

But, as ever with Minardi, any deal is dependent on the team or driver raising the requisite finances.

He said: ''[Minardi] has some financial requirements. If everything goes well, they will be able to choose which driver they want to hire.''

Montagny has tested for Minardi in the past. He would be the third Renault driver to have been loaned out to the Anglo-Italian team, following in the footsteps of Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber.

Minardi confirmed Dutchman Christijan Albers as one of their 2005 drivers last week.

Hey, i'd welcome it. I'd welcome it more with Renault lumps lumped in with him. :P

Comments

• But Renault engines suck.
    following in the footsteps of Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber
    as opposed to.... :hehe:
  • I know we've got a contract with Cosworth, but one can dream can't they?

Clown, I don't think those Renault engines are any worse than the Cossies, and they could be real cheap with Montagny attached!

Alas, it's all too late. Montagny wont get a drive from Stoddart unless he comes with some serious Renault cash, and that's not gonna happen is it? :(
  • What about some other form of tech support? Aero, suspension, there must be something?
  • Can't really share aero info unless you use the entire chassis. I would oppose that personally.

Engine/gearbox would be your best bet.
  • I think it'll be Pantano. He has the advantage of being Italian.
  • Yeah, but I'm not sure if he has the money to get the seat. He allready had problems with his sponsors during his time at Jordan, so why should he have the money to get the Minardi-seat?