Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Alonso 2 sec penalty

what was he thinking!!! He lost his cool and possiblity the race because of a braketest in practice followed by an overtake under yellow. Form under pressure? I don't think so!

Alonso receives qualifying penalties

04 August 2006

Hungarian Grand Prix stewards have penalised world champion Fernando Alonso for an incident involving Red Bull’s Robert Doornbos during Friday practice at the Hungaroring.

Alonso gesticulated at Doornbos, whom he felt had held him up, and then appeared to deliberately weave and slow his Renault in front of the Dutchman’s car during the afternoon’s session.

Stewards Tony Scott Andrews, Antonio Vasconcelos Tavares and Lajos Herczeg decided that Alonso’s actions were “unnecessary, unacceptable and dangerous”, and awarded him a one second time penalty to be applied to his fastest lap time in each of the qualifying sessions, Q1, Q2 and Q3.

Additionally, Alonso received a similar penalty for overtaking another car after the session had finished, under waved yellow flags.

He will thus get an aggregated cumulative penalty of two seconds in Q1, Q2 and Q3, effectively damning his chances on a circuit on which overtaking is virtually impossible.

www.formula1.com

Comments

• It's actually a 6-second penalty, two seconds per sector. That pretty much guarantees that he'll start last.
  • Is that 2 sec per qualifying session as opposed to sector?
  • I recall Patrese doing this to Julian 'Stig' Bailey and, of course, Monty did it last year.
  • Well deserved if you ask me.
    For those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feslxpzokuk
  • And now Michael Schumacher has the exact same penalty!!!
  • Maybe Massa can win his first race this week.
  • Originally posted by Minardi4eva
    And now Michael Schumacher has the exact same penalty!!!
    That just sticks of interference by the FIA. It's being reported on some sites it was undeserved, but I didn't see it myself.

[Edited on 6-8-06 by TasM]
  • Well, until now they've been interfering with Renault's chances to win, so it's good to say some payback.
  • Originally posted by TasM
    [quote]Originally posted by Minardi4eva
    And now Michael Schumacher has the exact same penalty!!!
    That just sticks of interference by the FIA. It's being reported on some sites it was undeserved, but I didn't see it myself.

[Edited on 6-8-06 by TasM] [/quote]

From what i heard he overtook 2 cars (1 of which was Alonso) under red flag conditions. Come conspiracy theory was that Alonso slowed down on purpose to allow Schummi to pass him. But I havent seen the events in pictures
  • sorry but I can't see anything badly wrong with the move on doornbos