Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Hungary

Great race!

Pleased to see Button get his win. Well done!
Good to see Pedro up 2nd.

He's a popular racer and desrves it too.
Nick too.

Michael gave away 5 points by not yielding when he should have, twice!

Suffer Michael and Toit.

Still the big danger to Alonso though.

Anyway, the rain brought overtaking and change.

Great!

Spin

Comments

• What a race, reminded me once more why I got hooked in the first place!

I want to hear that Japanese anthem some more ;)

Webbo, Webbo, Webbo... could have been his day.

Pity the world championship stays the same...
  • The best in a long time. Well done Button glad to see him loose the monkey. You cant beat a wet race!
  • Poor Kubica disqualified. Dissapointing for him as he drove well.
  • Wow what a race.
    Schumacker was great till his tyres burned, then he turned into an a**hole defending his position - why wasn't he given a penalty after recovering his position against Pedro ??
    Alonso nearly consolidated his lead but sadly expired.

With Kubica disqualified MS gains a point bah humbug!

BTW What was all that overtaking buisness about ? I'm not sure i've seen it before but i quite liked it!! ;)
  • Oh man. It's been months since I have seen a race this good. I really enjoyed seeing Alonso pass Schumacher on the outside. You just saw Michael thinking: "Where did he go?"
  • I actually watched most of a GP.

It was a lot of fun. Very much a lottery though, and any one of five guys could have won, depending on how wet the track was.

Good stuff.
  • Well that made up for all the boring races in Hungary.
    As Forza said, it would have been interesting if Webber
    could have lasted the distance, not 1/70th of it.
  • Schumacher's aggression was his own worst enemy. Almost like watching Paul Tracy. A wasted opportunity. I hope Alonso blows him away.

Well done Jenson on Victory numero uno.

Funny how Toyota's and Honda's fortunes have looked up since the tech directors (Gazza and Willis) were sacked.

Strange race of two halves, and half wits.
  • Well earned victory by Button. I wonder what P1's thoughts are about Webber. What a shocker. sixth to seventeenth in less than one lap then plants it in the armco.
    I've heard that Kouvalainen has got the second seat at Renault btw.
  • P1's thoughts?

Obviously Webbo didn't have too much of a handle on those Bridgestones, nor did any Bridgestone runners aside from Schumacher in the middle part of the race. Awful difficult to crucify the drivers (who in the main all had spins of some sort) considering it was the first ever Hungarian GP that was wet. I wonder if Bridgestone or Michelin even had 'extreme wets' at the event?

And it was 5th to 17th Petrol, don't forget that detail. :P

Poor result from both Mark and Nico, but still not a bad thing for Mark to have his first 'driver-at-fault' retirement happen in the 13th race of the year.

What the hell was Schumacher thinking????? How he can escape penalty for that crap he pulled on Pedro.... :mad:
  • At least you fessed up like a man. I must give you credit for that, but constantly claiming ebber is the coming man will always leave you open to attack.
    As For Schumacher, Ive seen it all before. Spa 1998 when in line for 10 points. He lost the championship that year as well.
  • But I do think he's the Coming Man. Just coming rather slowly.... ;)
  • Wonderful race - Jense deserved it, it wasn't a 'lucky' result. Growing up on a cold, damp rock has its advantages!

Mnd you, mixed up grids are great too (Suzuka).

re: my best mate at Maranello - a leopard can't change his spots.
  • Yep, great race and I'm happy for Jenson and for Honda. As for Schumi, the beast that is in him (and that keeps him hungry after 7 titles) made him resist in the last laps, even though it was a clearly lost battle.

Congrats to Kubica as well, he's clearly got it, just like Rosberg. Want to see asap the two of them (specially Nico) on better cars, and would also like to see Jenson fighting for the championship next year. Next year Honda could seriously have a top car.
  • Can someone PLEASE tell me why the hell Nico is so highly rated? I honestly don't get the hype at all. I just about puked when I saw him on the cover of F1 Racing this month and Matt Bishop gave him a 7 page article. :o

Webber's done him 9-4 in qualifying this year, usually by several places, and has raced in the first 6 a lot of the time while Nico is stuck between 9th & 13th almost every race and has never even looked like getting on the podium.

I admit, it was a stellar start with the fastest lap on his debut, and a nice qualifying effort in Malaysia, but since then he's been error after error.

Shouldn't he be getting better as the season progresses (and his experience grows), rather than going backwards at a faster rate than the Williams team?

I know how my detractors in here will view this, but even putting aside my support for MW I wouldn't understand it even following another team. He doesn't strike me as better than drivers such as Heidfeld, Albers, Liuzzi etc.

[Edited on 7-8-06 by MinardiP1]
  • And I missed the f'n race. Any Yanks capture it on tape?
  • IMO Rosberg is overrated

but maybe he'll mature like Massa??
  • Great race!

(bad for my betting though)

Good debut by Kubica and I suppose McLaren will give Pedro the next races after yesterday!!!!
  • It's official, they kicked out Villeneuve. I wonder why. I did not have the feeling that Kubica did a lot better than Villeneuve did. To tell the truth, Kubica was very lucky during the race and the qualifying.

His bad luck started after the race though.
  • Gives them time to give Kubica a few runs. JV was doomed, wasn't he?

re: Honda. The pessimist in me doubts we will be hearing the Brit/Japanese anthems too much. More wet races please ...
  • I love the podium. No sight of Renault or Ferrari is always a good thing.
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    At least you fessed up like a man. I must give you credit for that, but constantly claiming ebber is the coming man will always leave you open to attack.
    As For Schumacher, Ive seen it all before. Spa 1998 when in line for 10 points. He lost the championship that year as well.
    Yeah, why wasn't Schumacher thinking FOR Coulthard? What an ass.
  • Originally posted by Stan
    It's official, they kicked out Villeneuve. I wonder why. I did not have the feeling that Kubica did a lot better than Villeneuve did. To tell the truth, Kubica was very lucky during the race and the qualifying.

His bad luck started after the race though.
    The fact that BMW even paid Villeneuve $5m to leave the team only shows their faith in Kubica. He's their man for years to come, not Villeneuve, hence the switch.
    As for Robert's race. Yeah he spun twice early but it was probably his first time in an F1 car on a wet surface. Even though it didn't take him long to understand how the car was working in those conditions and after the safety car phase he was among the very fastest on inters (way faster than DC or Heidfeld for example), just watch his lap times mid-race.
    So overall I think Kubica's race was pretty impressive. There were a few mistakes, but the pace was absolutely there.
  • Don't get me wrong there Fox :). I like Kubica, he's a real talent. But I'd like to see Jacques finish a season just once ;')
  • Hmm.. apparently I missed the best race of the season:(

Mountain hiking in the Berner Oberland wasn't too bad either though ;)

Great that Button lost the weight of yet having to win a GP.
  • Lost weight? The Hondas to be underwieght once again? OH NO!