Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

WTF Quigley?

'Twas renting some DVD's yesterday, and came across Repo Man.
Remembering you mentioing it ("one in every car") I slapped down my $1.

What the fuck?
Alien corspes in the boot of a glow in the dark Monte Carlo driven by a guy with a lobotomy being hunted by a chick who may or may not be a lesbian.

You owe me a fricken dollar.

Comments

• No way - that is one of the f'n funnniest movies ever. I can't believe you didn't dig it.

Watch it a few more times. Oh yeah - try this too. Every character in the repo yard shares the same name as a Yank beer. So what you do is go out and buy all the beers listed (Bud, Oly etc etc) and when that character speaks you drink from that beer.

Seriously, there are some cultural icons and terms added to the lexicon - all drawn from that movie.
  • I did like it.
    I just thought it was gonna be a gritty drama the way it started.
    Then the aliens and shit........

Maybe I'll watch it again drunk or stoned or something, might aid comprehension.
  • that's how quig gets through his day :P
  • Originally posted by Clown
    You owe me a fricken dollar.
    Remember Quig, that's alot of money to Clown...

How is the pizza trade these days?
  • Not bad.
    $400 for 30hrs :)
  • Damn it man! Not bad at all.

I chucked in my auto parts retailer job recently, and took on more shifts at my other work - printing the good people of Queensland's trading post twice a week (among other things)
  • What the fuck again, Quig?
    What's this story that NASA can't find the original version of the 1969 moon landing film?
  • Originally posted by manlio27
    What the fuck again, Quig?
    What's this story that NASA can't find the original version of the 1969 moon landing film?
    Was that the studio- or the "live"-version??:D
  • hehe that's what I thought haha
  • What I am hearing is that, back in the day, that magnetic material was quite expensive so some mouth breathing slack jawed type taped over the original.
  • Originally posted by MCSF
    What I am hearing is that, back in the day, that magnetic material was quite expensive so some mouth breathing slack jawed type taped over the original.
    C'mon, they can do better than that!
  • say, I missed it and only caught the end of the conversation on Speed TV. But I distinctly heard them say somehing about Emmett Quigley and Minardi this AM... What did they say? We had some guests that arrived late last nite and everyone was walking in to the lving room as the guys on Speed where talking. I don't understand how our good friends can be so inconsidertate to talk and say hello, although I haven't seen them in a year, and interrupt the F1 announcers talking about hiss royal highness, imperial leader and chief god gure mr quigmaster.

(gotta humor him boys and girls... he's got connections and the NSA is still paying attention!)
  • RJ, Jello, do you know what the f... happened to our San Francisco friend?

He keeps visiting, but he hasn't written anything for 5 months (against a previous average of 5 posts per day). Is he getting blocked by NASA internet filter system after the discovery that he was such a posting freak? :D
  • He's pissed off because RJ didn't let him recruit members for the MCSF forum he started. I think he started that one because he thought RJ didn't spend enough time on the F3 and GP2 efforts. He may have a point though, but I myself am not really bothered by the lack of F3/GP2 news.

Ger hangs out there too. You can find a link to their forum on the MCSF site.
  • No, that can't be right; can it?
  • Stan I dont know about Quigs being pissed with RJ I dont think he is. The only reason he started up the forum on MCSF was because of the lack of interest in GP2 and F3000 here (and hey thats fine if guys are not interested). There is a core of about 15 guys who post there and thats cool. The fact that FM is more leaning to Champ Car is great for those who enjoy this. One of the reasons I don't log on here as often is the fact as is known I am not a Stoddie/Jones fan but I wish them well in Champ and of course ex Minardi F1 man Doorknob! I have no real interest in the series I find gets me pissed off with the safety periods etc making it a lottery as to who wins. Saying that it's not all bad that Canadian race in the wet was great to watch. I do wish RJ could give a bit more coverage to the GP2/F3000 guys as they certainly do deserve support. No mention of Rodriguez's podium? On another note there is a gathering being set up for Valencia to meet the team during the finale of the GP2 season. Should anyone wish all are welcome.
  • Stan I dont know about Quigs being pissed with RJ I dont think he is.
    Well, it was really more of an assumption because he has been very absent, and I know they had a bit of a quarrel about linking to the MCSF forum.
  • Originally posted by Stan
    [quote]Stan I dont know about Quigs being pissed with RJ I dont think he is.
    Well, it was really more of an assumption because he has been very absent, and I know they had a bit of a quarrel about linking to the MCSF forum.[/quote]

Ya there was a bit of a thing but that was all sorted out and is all water under the bridge. Forza all.
  • Effin PPFM!