Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Silverstone

Comments

• There is obviously something genetically flawed with anyone who is not fully and totally committed to the ultimate triumph of Minardi. The 3000 team is quite clearly the true home of this enterprise at this point.
    Thanks 'ghost - well said.

Look, whatever reason you came to here centered around Minardi. You say you support Minardi and the Minardi dream?

It's all going on in the Euro F3000.

For now.

The new Team IS Minardi. No questions about it. I have email from the Team where GCM sent a message to me (through his English speaking Girl Friday) concerning a Club/Team issue.

His son, named Giovanni Minardi, is the SD. Oh, he is part owner of Minardi. Tommaso Carletti, who is race Minardi GP Team engineer now was a Minardi man back in the early days.

you say you are here because of PS. Fine. He is running the F1 x 2 program. I think the use of the Minardi name for that venture is cheesy but the only law being broken is the law of good taste.

The long and short is that if you are a Minardi fan you should follow the new Team along the path that they are taking.

My final not comes froman email from the Team in response to support from the fans/Silverstone:

Thanks once more for your care and kindness. We are honoured and proud.

FORZA MINARDI

[Edited on 15-8-06 by MCSF]

[Edited on 15-8-06 by MCSF]
  • Original Minardi colors, logo, and two Minardis taking part in the running of the team, along with an engineer from the F1 days. Sounds to me like a Minardi team.
  • Woohooo!

Sorry I'm late!

Quig Semper Fi, bro - Honour Corps Country, or whatever.

Ghost & Ger, and other accolytes - We are definitely not worthy.

Bunch of dickheads.

No, seriously, I love the zeeeeeeeeeeeeeal. It just cannot be a coincidence that just as Hezbolah go quiet, another bunch of fanatics turns up with their own version of the one-true-way to slam down our throats.

Anyone remember those old Mad magazines - You know you're a Minardi fan when......................................

Guys, does it not occur to yez, that it's a tad presumptious to be tellin people who have lived and died by the team's fortunes, in some cases for many years, what the criterea are to be considered a fan?

Talk about your wanker missionaries!

So it's to be a fight to the death between the PFM and the PPFM, eh? Splitters!!

Oh..........and you can keep Viges.
  • Charming.
  • I have to say to the MCSFers, much as I love you all, you do take it rather too seriously.

Maybe its a cultural thing in that Aussies and Brits enjoy taking the piss more/not being clubbable. I would never join a club which would have me as a member ...
  • Nice example lad. Groucho was an American, which kinda kills what you're trying to say.

........and what he was doing in my pyjammas, I'll never know.
  • You're just not reading it right, Lease old chap. It's the non believers what started it, steaming into Victory Road with their don't give a crap about this it's not F1 anyway I only ever cared about F1 so who cares and you'd be a fool to care and what's the point anyway I only liked Stoddart and it's all over and what are you lot going on about with all this cheering and happiness and hope and shit?

That attitude's not gonna go down well at anyone's party, now is it? If you don't like the show, stay away, don't go along and whinge about it.

No witchhunt here, just a robust defence of fun. Little enough of that around, you gotta make the most of it.
  • I see the major cause of lack of interest being a lack of TV coverage.
    I myself don't care for euro3000, F3, and other series because of that.
    I like F1, GP2 and WorldSeries by Renault because there IS a decent TV coverage.
  • Good F3 coverage in the UK.
  • for those with paytv ;-)
  • Quig Semper Fi, bro - Honour Corps Country, or whatever.
    That would be "All the Way, AIRBORNE!"
    Ghost & Ger, and other accolytes - We are definitely not worthy.
    You aren't
    Bunch of dickheads.
    You know you have lost the argument when you resort to name calling.
    Anyone remember those old Mad magazines - You know you're a Minardi fan when......................................
    Funny how you slam all things American but when you need to borrow a line you don't have any problem taking one from one of the greats of American pop culture
    Guys, does it not occur to yez, that it's a tad presumptious to be tellin people who have lived and died by the team's fortunes, in some cases for many years, what the criterea are to be considered a fan?
    Ha! Thats the best yet. YOU have not lived and died by the Team's fortunes, at least by what you have posted over these many years, but those of PS/Webbo etc etc.

I'll say it again.

Slowly this time so even you, Lease, can get it.

Minardi F1 is gone.

Minardi, the Team, now lives in the Euro F3000 series. If you say you are a Minardi fan or supporter then there is a place for you to direct your support.

If you still are pining for PS then jump on the F1 X2 program.

Minardi lives on - to quote the Man:

"L'avventura Continua"

FORZA MINARDI
  • Did anyone read what I said? Stop fucking arguing over this. No one has said anything new in a page.
  • Man, you have not been around here very long. We've been long overdue for a good old fashioned barn burnin' knock down drag out tussle.

Hang on fer the ride.
  • Yeah, you big girl.

re: Groucho. New Yorkers are representative only of New York, certainly not the rest of the USA. I will split some more hairs when I have the time (the same with Londoners, Parisians and, I'm sure, Sydney-erators or somesuch).

P.S. F3 coverage in the UK is on terrestrial Channel 4.
  • New Yorkers are representative only of New York, certainly not the rest of the USA.
    Thank God.
  • Thank-you Quig for backing me up.

Oh, the shifting alliances ...
  • Originally posted by Rekart
    Did anyone read what I said? Stop fucking arguing over this. No one has said anything new in a page.
    Better listen to him as I think he may be getting mad.............. No way! Listen dude you are so full of shit with your make believe minardi something game which I see has a huge number of players who probably actually give a damn what your 2007 website will look like. Who gives you the right to tell me, Quig or Lease (yes Lease) or anyone to Stop F** arguing. Screw you! We can argue as much as we like!

"L'avventura Continua"

Oh do you want a Minardi Moment Well here is Silverghosts son with Tuka Rocha last Sunday -

check out more Minardi Moments Compliments of MinardRule and Silverghost on MCSF

[Edited on 16-8-0606 by Ger]
  • I see why all the good members of the old official (and entirely superior) Minardi forums won't come here (excluding MCSF.) And I remember why I avoided it for three years.

For the record, Ger, you're a member at my website's forum. Good job. Actually, you're the one who posted a link to the new official website when I said the new team wasn't really Minardi four months ago. At least you haven't changed your stance.

[Edited on 16-8-0606 by Rekart]
  • Are you saying that the Minardi that compete's in the Euro F3000 Series is NOT Minardi?
  • It's not the SAME Minardi, no. Am I inclined to like them over the rest of the teams in the series? Sure, but I don't really care about the series as a whole, and therefore, I don't really care about the team either.

[Edited on 16-8-0606 by Rekart]
  • Geez I see I am. I see we had a similar if not as animated discussion on the "Topic: Minardi (Brand) is back!" Thread. No I haven't changed where I stand.

[Edited on 16-8-0606 by Ger]
  • I guess "same" is relative. Is the F2 Minardi the same as the first F1 Minardi? Is the first F1 Minardi the same as the "Fondmetal Minardi"? Is that Minardi the same as the PS Minardi?

I would think that this Team - the F3000 Minardi is the closest thing to the "original" Minardi than it has been in years.
  • Oh dear someone got upset.

Best place to would be www.minardimattr.com as far as I can see.

Now Quig, stop making mistakes. I haven't yet expressed a view on whether the current iteration of Minardi is a good thing, or no as far as I recall. Certainly not in this thread anyways. If anything, I'm just pointing out that you lot don't have the keys to the right and wrong of it. You sound like a load of religious fanatics defending a sacred relic.

Now regarding Amercians, as Mr. Death would say. Big target, worth shooting at. But such is not always the case. Do good, get praised; do bad, be lambasted. Seems fair to me.

Name calling, name calling.............how many 'restoration projects' are there in your driveway right now? No, shouldn't go there.............can't stop............trailer...................trash....................no,.................no...................name.............calling. God, I feel like Dr. Strangelove. Doh! Strangelove is an American film. Oh no, so is the Simpsons!

Better now.

It is a shame that poor Rekart doesn't get it. Now, more than ever, we need to be ascerbic to each other if FM is to survive.

It's Sydneyites by the way. Not that it matters. And Melbournians, Canberrans, and the rest matter even less.

Now, let's shoot for 100 abusive posts in this thread! iIt would be the longest in a very long time.

I'll start:

The PPFM (MCSF) are nothing but a bunch of reincarnated Templites.
  • Best place to would be www.minardimattr.com as far as I can see.
    Who the hell is Matt?
    Now Quig, stop making mistakes.
    Haven't yet!
    I'm just pointing out that you lot don't have the keys to the right and wrong of it.
    There IS no right or wrong in it. If the discussion is whether or not there is a Minardi Team comnpeting in the world of motorsport then the answer is a def YES.

There can be no argument.

The decision to support or not to support Minardi is entirely a personal decision.
    You sound like a load of religious fanatics defending a sacred relic.
    You really need to get off this "religion is following me everywhere" kick. I know a good Priest you can call.
    Name calling, name calling.............how many 'restoration projects' are there in your driveway right now?
    Have you Google earthed my driveway? I should know the times the sat's go by so I can hide that shit....
    Better now.
    We'll let the Cela decide your degree of mental fitness.
    Now, more than ever, we need to be ascerbic to each other if FM is to survive.
    Where is my Lease Plan flag......
  • Ah, I got over that.

Now the Dutch sold the company to a consortium of Volkswagen, and a bunch of Greek/Arabs, I sorta felt they got what they deserved.
  • If the Arabs are getting it greek then most deservedly so.

• Now, let's shoot for 100 abusive posts in this thread! iIt would be the longest in a very long time.
    Hell I'm in but where is Neill_S it's just not the same having this without him.......................

[Edited on 17-8-0606 by Ger]
  • Rekart; do you truly believe the official forum was better?!

More importantly, for a film written by a Welshman, thrice starring an Englishman and designed and shot in England, yes, Strangelove is a very good American film.

(Kubrick was from New York but moved to the UK in the 60s)
  • The official forums were better, yes. Part of it is that's where I first went, I'm sure, but I still get along with some of the old members there, who are now members of my site. For that matter, most of the members of my website are from the official forums. It seemed less argumentative than here (although, we had our share of arguments as well.) One was over this image that I made after Ferrari refused to let Minardi run the '04 car last year in Australia:

And to think... Some people took offense to that. :(

[Edited on 17-8-0606 by Rekart]
  • Sellars was mostly American by then. Claiming Kubric won't get you anywhere neither. Then again, perhaps George C Scott & Slim Pickens just had strong west country accents.

I'm of the opinion that this place has survived BECAUSE of the argumentative nature of its denizens. Look around anywhere in F1 and you won't find so much insightful and mildly intelligent debate.

'Cept for MCSF' ers though....................bunch of dickheads.