Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Comments

• What a fucker!

He got 1million and he can't live off that?
    Even when it isn't paid all in one installment?

His fans should abandon him now and forever!:mad:
  • can't alex drive for lammers? :D

no seriously, with all those fans buying tickets at Zandvoort this is a major catastrophe. Maybe it's just a tactical move. But hey, it's Huub...
  • I hope it are tactics but what an ass he is! Hopefully Lammers doesn't give in! ANyway why can't he drive at least at Zandvoort?
  • What a plank Jos!!

I could understand that if he was from a country with few good drivers eg China or Singapore but holland has loads of decent drivers. All Lammers has to do is get one of the following in to drive at Zandvoort a watch Jos's posistion change.

Jaap Van Lagen
    Joreon Bleekemolen (spelling)
    Charles Zwolsman
    Either Van Der Ende Brother
    Yelmur Buurman
    Dennis Retera
    Giedo Van Der Gaarde

If ones of these guys does well Lammers's laughing because Jos will be out on his arse and Lammers will get a good driver cheaper.
  • Buurman's been OK in Brit F3 this year.
  • BTW is anyone surprised by the Jos stuff?!

+ Until the epic win in Durban he'd had a shit season.
  • Alright here we go again. I'm going to be crazy enough to defend Jos once again. Since we only hear one side of the story.

It most likely is true that Jos has close to one million dollars on his bank account. However, it took a long time for it to get there. And Jos' management is in doubt that Lammers will be able to afford him for another season. And they have all rights to do so. Because team Holland can't give guarantees on his paycheck again. If they want Holland's most popular driver in their team (you may doubt this claim, but it's absolutely true) they might as well pay for it. How would you feel if your boss doesn't give you your paycheck.

Some of you might discard this by saying "He already has so much money, why can't he just drive." Which is true. I can't defend him. And it's also why I am seriously disappointed. But that doesn't mean I don't understand.
  • I do NOT understand this. Why does this money problem always happen with Jos? Why don't Yoong, Lapierre, Enge, Kerr and others have a problem with no guarantees? I tried to fool myself with the Jordan soap opera but enough is enough.
    I fully agree with Jan Lammers when he says that what they need is enthusiasm and passion. I'm really disappointed in Jos today, he should at least drive this race before complaining about money, hey, he should even drive that one for free just for his fans!!!
    But he doesn't seem to care, and the "I work and don't get paid" quote says it all about his attitude.
    If all this is true I'm not a fan anymore.
  • jos doesn't care about his fans i can tell you that for sure !

• I do NOT understand this. Why does this money problem always happen with Jos? Why don't Yoong, Lapierre, Enge, Kerr and others have a problem with no guarantees? I tried to fool myself with the Jordan soap opera but enough is enough.
    the other drivers might well have problems too...but presumably most other drivers are more understanding if the reasons are valid and doesn't sing and dance about the issue as often as the boss did/does/will do. :P:P
  • btw, can the dutchies please advise if jos' fans are sympathetic to his reason for opting out?

in most other english forum sites the sympathy seemed non-existent.

i agree that he should (in fact must) drive at least his home race for his own sake, not the team's sake...and then pull out with an ultimatum if he then so wishes. its not as if he will not be paid although there's a real risk of a late payment.

i think huub is really stupid as many had claimed in the past. furthermore according to a source jos recently gave an interview that f1 are full of thieves who are only interested in money - very ironic.
  • Originally posted by james
    jos doesn't care about his fans i can tell you that for sure !
    ooooooo some ex-Minardi intrigue.... ;)

do tell, do tell!
  • I can tell you he did not give a rat's ass about the MCSFer's who waited a good part of the day to present him with MCSF gear etc - you have all heard it before.....
  • Origineel gepost door FactyCrab
    btw, can the dutchies please advise if jos' fans are sympathetic to his reason for opting out?

in most other english forum sites the sympathy seemed non-existent.
    I can tell you most of the fans are surprised and are not amused with HIS decision not to drive at Zandvoort. Already tickets are offered on sites like ebay.
    Furthermore according to a source jos recently gave an interview that f1 are full of thieves who are only interested in money - very ironic.
    yes very ironic!
  • tx for the info vuurmuur...looks like his fans can get full refund via an easier way...or they might start supporting their team and/or new driver. :D

see the a1gp official press release just received:

Press statement on behalf of A1GP World Cup of Motorsport

Title: A1 Team Netherlands and Jos Verstappen

Date: 27 September 2006

The A1GP World Cup of Motorsport organisation has expressed its disappointed that Jos Verstappen will not be competing in the 2006/07 season and is concerned that the decision has come just days ahead of the season opener at Circuit Park Zandvoort, the Netherlands.

While driver negotiations and agreements remain the sole responsibility of the individual A1 Team, A1GP CEO Bruce Holmes, joined discussions at the request of A1 Team Netherlands’ seat holder, Jan Lammers, in a bid to secure a successful resolution for all involved. Unfortunately terms between team and driver could not be concluded and a final agreement was not reached.

“A1GP is ultimately a team sport where cars represent their national flag above any individual. There will be a competitive Dutch team on the track in Zandvoort which the sell out crowd will doubtless be enthusiastically supporting to win,” Mr Holmes said. “We’ve a fantastic weekend of racing ahead.”

Zandvoort local, Jeroen Bleekemolen, who also represented A1 Team Netherlands throughout the first season will replace Verstappen. His local knowledge and experience of the circuit will demonstrate his value to the team from the start of the second season.

A1GP World Cup of Motorsport is committed to delivering a compelling entertainment package to its fans both on track and through its global television reach. While some fans will be disappointed with Jos Verstappen’s withdrawal, A1GP strongly believes that everyone attending Zandvoort will have an exciting weekend of racing.

“A1GP is on track to deliver the exciting season opener that has always been promised,” Mr Holmes said.

Any fan who purchased a ticket for the sole purpose of supporting Jos Verstappen can request a full refund for the face value on any unwanted ticket. The ticket holder must e-mail their booking reference number to enquiries@A1GPTB.com officially requesting their refund by midnight on Friday 29 September 2006. A refund will be issued on receipt of a valid ticket and will only be given if a corresponding e-mail has been received by the deadline stated. Refunds will not be given on the gate.

Complete tickets with all stubs attached must be posted to:
    A1GP/Circuit Park Zandvoort
    Postbus – 132, 2040 AC
    Zandvoort
  • Factuy - any word on where the North American event will be held?
  • no idea my friend. guess they are trying to get a better deal in laguna again instead of promoting it themselves at a loss.
  • Laguna would be great - PLEASE let them know that SNOW is not the typical weather!
  • Very interesting story tonight on Jos and his manager on tv here. I've never been a fan of his and never been an enemy but seems he and his manager have a serious attitude problem going way back. His Arrows days were interesting! Hope the Dutch fans have more sence then to waste there time on him. Lets face it A1 should be a showcase of new talent each country has not a playground for Dickhead Hasbeens!
  • oops emmet...too late. they dropped it for brazil. see below confirmed calendar.

A1GP CONFIRMS CALENDAR FOR 2006/07 SEASON

Location/Circuit/Date

1 Netherlands Circuit Park Zandvoort 1 October 2006

2 Czech Republic Auto Motodrom Brno 8 October 2006

3 China Beijing 12 November 2006

4 Malaysia Sepang International Circuit 26 November 2006

5 Indonesia Sentul 10 December 2006*

6 New Zealand Taupo 21 January 2007

7 Australia Eastern Creek 4 February 2007**

8 South Africa Durban (street race) 25 February 2007

9 Brazil 18 March 2007*

10 Mexico Mexico City 25 March 2007

11 China Shanghai International Circuit 15 April 2007

12 Great Britain Brands Hatch 29 April 2007

* Venue subject to approval
    ** Subject to reaching a satisfactory agreement for support of the event.
  • TDW's back....................
  • Quig can go to the neighbours: Mexico!:P
  • I don't need to go there - Mexico is already here!
  • Originally posted by MCSF
    I don't need to go there - Mexico is already here!
    Ya but the track can't get over the border.
  • What a wanker! I really liked his agressive driving style, however he has a serious attitude problem... Going down!
  • Yes, but look at the quality of the driver line up - its incredibly low. There are only a few drivers there who I have even heard of let alone rate. I think he must have gotten scared by the thought of being beaten by a no hoper...
  • Ouch!!!!!!
  • Yeah, Tuka woulda kicked TDWs arse easy. Or Alex.
  • Autosport says Tuka has the Brazil seat for the first three races, at least. There are FOUR other drivers listed including Bruno Senna.
  • re: driver talent. It does seem thinner this year and it must be down to 'budgetary requirements'.