Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1GP for the Yanks

A1GP World Cup of Motorsport has significantly expanded its global television reach, signing an exclusive broadcast deal with America's SPEED channel and a terrestrial highlights package with Channel Five in the UK.

More than 68 million homes across the US and another five million in Canada will now have access to A1GP through the nation's foremost cable network dedicated solely to motorsport. A1GP will join the ranks of Formula One, NASCAR, Champ Car World Series and MotoGP on SPEED, one of the fastest growing cable networks in the US.

'SPEED is intrigued by the competitive patriotism in the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport,' said Hunter Nickell, SPEED Executive VP and General Manager. 'It adds a unique twist to high-level racing and we believe it is something SPEED viewers will support and enjoy.'

Across the UK, Sky Sports' live race coverage will now be supported by a Channel Five highlights package, scheduled to be shown mid-week after each event. The partnership with the free-to-air terrestrial channel will mean that over 90 per cent of UK households can now support their national race team in the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport.

Commenting on the new deals, A1GP's Executive Director and Head of Broadcast, Richard Dorfman said: 'A1GP's unique nation versus nation race format has fast developed a strong fan base and these two new deals, taking the sport to even more homes, will give a wider variety of fans access to the series. Close racing, tight overtaking manoeuvres and the competitiveness of the 23 national teams delivers an exciting broadcast package that lets the fans experience the thrill of A1GP from the comfort of their own home.'

Through its network of over 30 broadcast partners, A1GP can now be viewed in more than 150 countries worldwide and with new partners, leading global online broadcaster MediaZone, the races can now be viewed live on the internet as well. This package complements A1GP's free audio commentary available across the globe through www.A1GP.com.

Comments

• It will be interesting to finally see it on Five, hope they do a decent job
  • It was on OLN last season, I was disappointed when they didn't renew for this season. It's about time Speed picked it up.
  • I'm glad its on SPEED - I used to get OLN (which I miss very badly during the pro Cycling season) but it was dropped from my Sat provider. Well not dropped exactly but I'd have to pay HUGE sums to get it.
  • too bad it's on Speed at 4:00AM!