Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

STR and Red Bull Chassis

2»

Comments

• collin kolles said that there shouldn't be any constructors points for people who don't construct their cars, what a quote
  • Go Frank Go!!

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=192552

If the end result of arbitration or a legal decision against STR,SA and ProDrive for using customer cars, the FIA selection process last year for a new 2008 entry should be disclosed. PS had the cars. PS could have been more competitive with the new cost structures. I would love to hear his thoughts on the issue. I apologize for droning on about this issue but this decision has to potential to change the structure of F1 for a very long long time. The opposition is growing, BMW,Williams, and Spyker which most likely means that a short term financial settlement is not likely to make the opposition go away.
    D
  • I wonder if Cosworth submitted their 2006 engine for homologation anyway? The new regulations should make it a relatively painless re-entry to F1 (aside from staffing issues) if they miraculously picked up a partner team somehow.
  • I for one would dearly love this situation to end up in Arbitration. One could very well argue that the STR 1 was a customer chassis as well so Spyker could well contest the 2006 points situation. Add in Williams case against this year's RBR and we are guaranteed a magical mystery tour.
    I would not bet money on the result though. I have found that legal cases are open to interpretation and it is not necessarily a case of exploiting loop holes. If the implied reasoning of the Concorde agreement is that Customer cars are illegal, the arbitration court may decide that although not expressly said teams cannot run customer cars and as such cannot be constructors.How many here remember in 89 Larouse calmels having to name Lola as their constructor because the FIA said they produced the chassis.
    Either way Berger's taking a gamble. He'll be racing all season with this hanging over him. Methinks for all his hubris he'll blink first and accept a compromise of no constructors points.
  • I've just had a terrible thought. what happens if STR & Super Aguri loose the arbritration case whats stopping Berger and Mr Red Bull going in a huff and withdrawing from the championship at the end of the year. That would be a disaster for the town of Faenza unless someone, preferably GCM or PS, buys the entry back.
  • Well that brings up a good point P1. What are the rules for new engines beyond 2007? What is there to prevent a team from creating a company based out of a PO box and entering a new engine design each year in that manor? Is there simply a freeze on entries until the engine freeze is over?