Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Perez-Sala appears for McLaren

Hello chaps, I was very fortunate to meet our man at the mega McLaren launch in Valencia on Monday night.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/photos/2007/team-mclaren/diapo_177.jpg

- tens of thousands lined the streets for the F1 demo

- hundreds of the 'great and the good' from Spanish motorsport and football at the evening launch + Cirque du Soleil and fireworks.

- Bernie, Ron, Mansour, Alonso, Lewis, etc.

Couldn't find Campos (Alonso's old manager) but Sala was there on the table plan so I had to go over and send our regards.

Lewis and Fernando were both very chatty and down to earth - Fernando seems completely refreshed and says he's even enjoying testing again. He says he thinks Lewis will be fine, despite the pressure he's now under.

Ron was also good value - one of his answers lasted a good six minutes, ranging from apprenticeships, Cirque du Soleil and his hate of email!

The 'raffle' involved Fernando phoning around the room at random - the winner (on the next table) received a C Class Merc.

I know how much you all love McLaren ...

[Edited on 19-1-07 by viges]

Comments

• Is that why you're here Simon, as an agent of the evil empire??;)

How was Sala?

Did you get Mansour Ojeh's opinion on financing Minardi's F1 comeback?
  • He was lovely; have been trying in vain to contact him for a while. Little feature I'm planning.

Alonso was very talkative on the pros and cons of starting out in a 'small team' (compared with Lewis). On balance, he thinks it was better - low expectations, etc.

Ron was interesting on aerodynamics - don't expect any change, folks. 'There has never been a golden age of overtaking', etc.

Lewis 'I don't understand why everyone thinks the pressure is on me - its all on Fernando'; the guy is ice cool.
  • Nice on Simon. I really hope Lewis does well and the British press takes a backseat. He had a fantastic 2006 in GP2. Hey he even waved to Emmett at Monza!
  • He did?