Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Firefox Question

I need some help regarding this site and mozilla firefox.

I've recently started using Firefox instead of IE and i'm having trouble loading this page it takes about twenty mniutes to get to the message board page from the main menu!! I think its something to do with google ads but i'm not sure any suggestions (apart from getting a mac :D)

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• apart from getting a mac
    I can see signs of intelligent life forming......

• I've recently started using Firefox instead of IE and i'm having trouble loading this page it takes about twenty mniutes to get to the message board page from the main menu!!
    stop using firefox... apart from that I don't know
  • I think its something to do with the google ads. The only other site that i have problems with (www.boxrec.com) also uses google ads.
  • There must be some kind of setting to undo that problem. I'm sure you're not the only one who's using fire fox in here? Can anyone else help?
  • I use firefox and have never had a problem with this site, so it is probably a setting, but I have no idea which one if that is the problem.
  • A friend of mine couldn't even use Youtube with Firefox. I used opera for a while as well and those browsers have huge problems with plug ins (java, flash etc) if ithey're not properly installed
  • The Mac version of FireFox is terrible or so I've heard. You should look into trying Camino.
  • Originally posted by Stan
    The Mac version of FireFox is terrible or so I've heard. You should look into trying Camino.
    Ok i'll give it a try.
  • Stan thanks for the advice but Camino is a Mac product. i don't have a Mac so that won't help.
  • Oh haha. I'm not paying attention. I saw the word mac and started assuming things. Maybe I should actually read the topic next time. ;)
  • Are you using the latest version? It may be a spyware issue, too. I've never had... any issues at all really with Firefox.
  • I'm using version 2.0.0.1 its the version they had on the site.
  • I use firefox and wouldnt use IE again. Firefox is more secure and with a little adjusting way better. Looks like the firewall settings may be the problem. Do you have a firewall apart from windows, like Zone alarm or norton internet security? If so you will have to give rights to some sites particullary those with .asp and .php.
  • this message is typed with firefox on a library computer. I don't notice any particular lag but the page doesn't look very good I have to admit, all the images are missing
  • The library has a crazy firewall for sure. I'm at home behind a router and everything works fine.
  • I use a Mac. I don't have my problems. Sorry, wish I could help.
  • I also have a router and no firewall apart from the one built into the router.
  • i just uninstalled ie7 after reading that it takes 25% of your ram. converted to opera 9 which so far is quite amazing
  • Firefox is pretty ram hungry too.
    Its currently using 92,932K on my machine.

Apparentely version 3 is aimed at fixing the performance (i.e. massive ram usage) issue. (V1 being stability, V2 being features)
  • hence I installed Opera, and not Firefox ;)
  • I use Firefox because I can afford copious amounts of ram :P
  • I always end up reading RJ's sig as part of his post. :(
  • I have 1GB (should've been 3 but got screwed by an online firm) and it still don't work right.
  • I switched to Firefox months ago and had no problems. To me Firefox is great and avoids a lot of the problems I used to get with IE.
  • Welcome to the winning team Spin. :)