Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1GP Mexico

Alex Yoong on pole by almost a second in the aggregate. The other German youngster is impressive too, or Germany's car is just that well prepared. Or both.

Congrats Spin and Facty. :)

Comments

• Is it on US TV?
  • It will be on Speed... uh, some time this year I imagine.
  • thanks jello. and to take the fourth run with fuel load and race settings looks pretty convincing too.
  • Thanks Jello,

We're watching the replay of qualifying now.

Alex's comment just after the qualifying. "Good to kick some ass!"

Spin
  • would be good to see him to a Brno ;-)
  • Wow, he really outclassed the rest!
    I hope he will deliver the same in the race(s).
  • Originally posted by Jello_Biafra
    Alex Yoong on pole by almost a second in the aggregate. The other German youngster is impressive too, or Germany's car is just that well prepared. Or both.

Congrats Spin and Facty. :)
    As far as I understand Germany has the race engineer France had last year. So that probably helps :). Good to see Malaysia took the pole position though. I zapped past the qualification last night and I decided that it would not be worth watching because Germany would probably end up on pole.
  • Alex wins the Sprint for Malaysia.
    Britain 2nd
    Australia 3rd
    Sth Africa 4th
    USA 5th
    China 6th

Spin
  • wow, doc you staying up too? it's 1.59am in malaysia now!
  • Woo! What has gotten into Alex..?
  • What! Australia 3rd. The God's must be crazy. Must be reverse grid...
  • bummer about the start, he did really well to fend of new zealand and portugal during the race. I guess the last minute fiddling with the car didn't help, there seemed to be something wrong.

two more races to go, if he does equally well he could still move past france

other minardi boy toccacelo also did really well. it's unfortunate that the italian team still do not have a sponsor, it can't be that expensive! mexico, usa and malaysia seem to be doing quite well for sponsorship (at least in terms of exposure on the car).

i have to admit that it was the first full a1 race i watched (don't have a tv back on the isle of sunshine) and it's actually really good fun to watch, lots of cars and lots of overtaking.

that german guy had a shocker of a race btw!
  • After an 'easy' sprintrace there really seemed to be something wrong with the car. What was the problem?
    The feature race itself wasn't that exciting. I agree with RJ that Alex did well to keep seemlingly quicker teams behind him.
    Robbie Kerr must be sick to see his teammate succeed where he was so close for a couple of times.

[Edited on 26-3-07 by Biker]