Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Long Beach Weekend

Barely a week after Robert D's Vegas heroics, the ChampCar circuit calls at the West Coast to race at Long Beach.

On the one hand we should expect Bourdais to bite back but on the other hand Minardi USA's second guy has some unfinished business as well.

Anyone of our Yankee friends going?

Comments

• Seems to me Robert has some unfinished business also. Should be good to watch him, I doubt the rolling start is going to catch him out as bad this time around.

I'd go to Long Beach if I was near, but they come to Houston next week so I'm hoping projects don't take all my time.

Should be a good weekend of racing: F1, GP2, Champ Car, and American Le Mans Series. If only I got E3000 coverage too.
  • No go to Long Beach but am going to Portland in June and hopefully Road America as well. Good or bad, I think Speedy Dan is going to make something happen this weekend.
  • I'll watch F1, GP2 and World Series by Renault this weekend.
    No Euro3000 or Champ Car coverage here!:(
  • get race director :D
  • Doornbos qualifies 6th. Very good after a difficult session the day before. Considered that he had to park his car somewhere along the track half way through the session, and still ending up 6th, promisses something for the race tomorow!
  • I wonder what Doornbos would have done if he wouldn't have broke down or ran out of fuel early.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    get race director :D
  • pretty impressive I wasn't expecting them to bounce back after those practice sessions!

an odd mistake by doornbos to make, though if you read the press release
  • not happening this weekend
  • Wow. It seems to be even harder to overtake in champcar than it is in formula1 ;). The only overtaking I saw was in the last lap when Tagliani got passed twice. Or maybe I was just half asleep when I was watching.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    not happening this weekend
    I think they blew it on the pit strategy :(