Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bahrain GP

Have to admit that it was a really interesting race with action all around the track.
Firstly the plaudits have to go to Heidfeld and Trulli as well as Hamilton. Saw nothing new with Massa ("I could have been a contender"), we all know what he can do in clear air.
The rotten fruit have to be thrown at Red Bull and Spyker. If there was any doubt that Red Bull don't know the first thing about F1 just watch that race. How can a team that inherited a solid yet unspectacular operation turn it into this mess. The other confirmation that thngs aren't well is that P1's gone silent.
Why STR would want to run a clone of an over complex unreliable car is beyond me.
Spyker, well I now know why they went to arbitration, they don't have two euros to rub together.. Not long before Gazza tries to save what's left of his reputation by falling out with the management.
We can stick a fork in Ralf and Barrichello their F1 careers are over. Wurz and Button need 2 more turns on the spit for their gooses to be properly cooked. Please no more excuses about Button needing a competitive car, Spice boy has had plenty of time to gel a team around him.
One thing I will say is I hope Hamilton's performance does not mean we will see no-hopers like Vettel and Nelson Piquet junior on the grid. Hamilton has the rare ability to transcend his machinery. In my opinion those two are bums!
PS RJ do you still think Williams will finish above Toyo at season's end?

Comments

• Heidfeld was tremendous, as usual. For a bum Piquet Jnr did OK against the wonderboy last year. I'd rather see him in a car than some of the current incumbents.

Aren't you a bit hard on Red Bull (hate 'em as we do)? They are at least showing some pace, even if their operation is still a joke. There's a lot of new people, give them some time to gel. Top management are tossers though.

As for Massa, wins from pole, under pressure all the way, with Raikkonen in the sister car, and still not even a lonely grudging plaudit. At least he's not an automaton - more like this generation's Alesi.
  • Massa kept his cool and won, three drivers with 22 points now, that's pretty interesting. I loved Briatore: "Passa Trulli, sei piu' veloce, dai!"

Nobody mentioned DC, credit where credit's due, until his car gave up he put in a sterling effort from p21!

Breathtaking stuff by Heidfeld, that move on Alonso was the kind of thing people pay for.

Toyo is is shambles, good drive by Trulli but Ralf was nowhere, Williams yet need to turn their practice effort into real race pace but I still stand by what I said.
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    Have to admit that it was a really interesting race with action all around the track.
    Firstly the plaudits have to go to Heidfeld and Trulli as well as Hamilton. Saw nothing new with Massa ("I could have been a contender"), we all know what he can do in clear air.
    The rotten fruit have to be thrown at Red Bull and Spyker. If there was any doubt that Red Bull don't know the first thing about F1 just watch that race. How can a team that inherited a solid yet unspectacular operation turn it into this mess. The other confirmation that thngs aren't well is that P1's gone silent.
    Why STR would want to run a clone of an over complex unreliable car is beyond me.
    Spyker, well I now know why they went to arbitration, they don't have two euros to rub together.. Not long before Gazza tries to save what's left of his reputation by falling out with the management.
    We can stick a fork in Ralf and Barrichello their F1 careers are over. Wurz and Button need 2 more turns on the spit for their gooses to be properly cooked. Please no more excuses about Button needing a competitive car, Spice boy has had plenty of time to gel a team around him.
    One thing I will say is I hope Hamilton's performance does not mean we will see no-hopers like Vettel and Nelson Piquet junior on the grid. Hamilton has the rare ability to transcend his machinery. In my opinion those two are bums!
    PS RJ do you still think Williams will finish above Toyo at season's end?
    1. The plaudits to Heidfeld (deserved) but Trulli? What race were you watching? If the Red Bulls don't break down he's 9th, and out of the points.

2. Which moves me onto Red Bull. You shouldn't assume anything Petrol. If Red Bull had finished 7th & 8th today, I still wouldn't have jumped on the forum until now as I didn't have internet access until just now if you want to know.

Red Bull were clearly the 4th fastest team today, ahead of Williams, Toyota and Renault yet a silly recurring problem on Mark's car, and a driveshaft problem on DC's car robbed them of 3 points. The midfield battle is between Williams, Toyota (well, Trulli), Renault and Red Bull. Why would I be worried? Red Bull don't even have a seamless shift box yet and we all know that's good for .3 seconds a lap so factor that coming onstream from the 6th race into your musings, Petrol.

The car in F1 with the most headroom just waiting to be unlocked is the RB3.
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    Petrol While I agree Lewis is a genuine talent he does however have some exceptionally good machinery to work with. Piquet Jr and Vettal would be as good as any driver presently driving givin the equipment available. Lewis is good but give him time before calling him great!
  • Great job by BMW, especially Nick.
    If they keep this up the championship is gonna get VERY intersting :)
  • Ghost I reserve all plaudits re Massa as you can bet as soon as it rains he'll be off or planting it in the armco around Monaco.
    Spark, I certainlyhave not called Hamilton great but you can't fault his race craft or car control, which is exceptional for a rookie.
    P1 soory to hear about your lack of internet access. I paised Trulli because his car was down on straight line speed yet he still managed to overtake faster cars and defend his position.
    As for Red Bull, its obvious their car has no grip , just listen to the traction control cutting in all the time. Thats a fault that has plagued all of Newey's recent cas and is difficult to cure.
    I would bet much money on them making the seamless shift reliable, cosidering their problems with a conventional box.
  • They can't get the bloody fuel flap right!!! I'm not holding my breath for the seamless shift box to any bloody good for a while yet.
  • Young Lewis is doing a sterling job, no question about that - HOWEVER, how long has it been since a Brit has won anything? James Allen, PLEASE clean the front of your trousers (if you were wearing any). The commentary last night by the lads was average at best. Is it NOT obvious that the leading car will encounter lapped traffic and lose time prior the the chasing car, especially when that chasing car is 8 seconds in arrears. Is it NOT obvious that when the chasing car encounters lapped traffic then it will lose time.

Strike me pink.

Was Kimi asleep at the restart?
    Does a Spyker always get's damaged in the a race?
    Is BMW making ground or were the big two down on pace?
    Is Webber headed for a another DNF year?
    Can anyone understand Kimi in the press conference?
    Was Honda pissed that Super Aguri overtook them so they detonated their engines in spite?
    Will Fisi be Renault's whipping boy at the end of the year?
    Has Kimi tempered his aggresive style?
    Is James in love with Lewis???

[Edited on 16-4-07 by SuperRoo]
  • Yes - but not just for the restart

Yes - It is in Albers' contract

Yes - They are doing a Renault

Yes - Serves him right for going for the money

Yes - His 'inner voice'

Yes - Oh, yes!

Yes - And he completely and utterly deserves it. Someone should do a Dr. Phil on Flav in regard to his driver choices "What were you thinking!!!"

Yes - So much so that he now considers the Ferrari's seventh gear as 'too agressive'

Yes - Just yes.

Pretty good race though. DC had some fun. Personally, I'd sack him in a second. He can't be putting in the way he should if he can pull drives like that one out of his arse. Alonso is one professional little mongrel, isn't he? He is a points man through and through. Just imagine what would be happenning if BMW had a proper driver, eh?? Toyota are gone, gone, gone. No car in '08 is my bet. I hope Nick Fry has been putting money into his retirement fund. Unlimited resources, top drivers and their own on-track test team, and they still can't get the thing going.

I liked it.

Except for this shit about the customer car thing being resolved in Spain. Bah! This is when you need Stoddie to rev them up.

• James Allen, PLEASE clean the front of your trousers (if you were wearing any).
    Amen! I have not seen such blind and zealous adoration since the world cup. Was watching it with two Brazilian friends and they taught me a new portuguese word "pela saco" (a bit like kiss ass, just with another part of the body I leave to your imagination). Yes, the guy's not all that bad but please get some common sense back, dear ITV crew.

Gotta love Brundle though, "Please Bernie, don't introduce me to some ex prime minister again" Bernie: "This is the current prime minister of Romania" :D
  • People called me crazy for my Heidfeld cheerleading. :cool:
  • Lease, you think Webber went for the money? Just part of the bigger picture methinks. And Williams didn't want to honour the contractual terms agreed for an option year, despite his stellar 2006.
  • I realized something about Webber when watching the race.
    He is Coulthard.
    Wait and see, watch his career.
  • That's blasphemy from a wallaby..
    Originally posted by SuperRooHas Kimi tempered his aggresive style?
    Did he ever have one? He's always been Kimi the Cruiser..
  • Here is an interesting one for you. Guess who posted the fastest race lap out of Renault, Toyo, Williams and Red Bull. Yes that's right Trulli's Toyota.
  • Good race.

Jackie Stewart won a race at his eighth attempt ...

Massa's not all that. I think the TOIT is fractionally faster but only on the stoppie-startie tracks. Lewis had probs with the tyres, that is where TOIT has the edge. At the moment.
  • A car with no grip, operated by a team that is a joke, driven by the future coulthard; it has reached Q3 in all three races so far!

I think Rosberg will be practising that regretful glance back at his steaming williams as well. And poor poor button...

looks to be a fun season.
  • Honda bounced back pretty well last year
  • Good race by DC and hamilton, but Lewis does have a great car which does make it somewhat easier, but credit to him regardless.

I think Red Bull senior are doing well so far. I think they will also eclipse the their mid-field rivals by mid-season, with the exception of BMW.

Heidfield was awesome, a great effort and probably the driver of the day for me. I have to say that as with DC, MW didn't put a foot wrong and drove with good pace until the issues started.

Honda is the most disappointing, I thought they would be up there fighting for the 3-4th fastest team.
  • Red Bull are fast in the same sense that the recent McLarens were fast. They're the class of the field until something breaks, and in my mind that doesn't really count.
  • and in come the platitudes... it's easier to make a slow car quick than an unreliable car reliable :D
  • Other way around according to most, but does it ever happen with Newey?