Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Toyota Countdown

The clock is ticking for Toyota, at Monaco they were barely faster than Spyker. How long before the big guys in Japan call it quits? Williams are clearly faster with the same engine and the F1 project in Cologne has been wasting money ever since Melbourne 2002.

Comments

• I agree that its not gonna be much longer before the board axes all but the engine program. The big car companies are incapable of creating a management structure that will allow any forward progress.
  • Don't know if I'd agree with your lasat comment Telstar, look at what BMW are doing. I tihnk Tojo's biggest problem is that it's run by a commitee of accountants and business managers from Japan, not as a racing team.
  • Weren't the "Racer" types implicated in the Ferrari copy scandal, such asx Ove Andersson.
  • Oz your right about the accountants and business managers in Japan. I see BMW as different because they took over an existing team that had a good structure and which just needed more cash and a couple extra elements to become competitive. Toyo started up from nothing and has failed horribly because of too much management from Japan.
  • I don't see Toyo pulling out without victory. In fact in free practice Toyo were comfortably in the top 6. It seems that they are having finger trouble, buut I expect them to finish ahead of Williams. Trulli will send that bum Ralf into retirement!
  • I agree Ralf needs to retire and not be like Jaques and just keep hanging in there.
  • Ralf's only what.... 31? He's not going into retirement by choice yet.
  • The way Ralf is being out driven by Trulli at the moment he may not have a choice but to retire. No big teams will offer him a drive and i can't see him driving for Torro Rosso or Spyker can you?
  • Now Toyota itself are saying they're looking for new driver(s). It seems Trulli already has been offered a new contract, but Poor Ralphy has to go..... They don't blame him for all the bad results because "the car isn't that good either"...
  • I think Ralf will be out by mid-season. The car may not be a winner but you can't have one driver farting about 1s slower than his team mate can you?
  • I am not so gloomy about Toyo... before Monaco there were some improvements, maybe they didn't think about Monaco seriously knowing that for Monaco you need to "invest time" in one time aero modifications....

As regards drivers, Trulli is far more competitive than poor Ralphy, however I thought he would be in a better position in Monaco knowing how much he likes that race.

Let us see what Toyo will do in Canada and the US...
  • I don't see Ralfie turning it around. He does not have the mindset. His bullshit about Toyo needing to develop the car around his driving style should be the last starw. How come Raikkone and Alonso can adapt their driving styles and he can't?
  • and doesn't ralf just love Indy.
  • Can I just say, I couldn't care less.

Ralf = we all know why he got into F1.

Jarno = goodbye.

Toyota = clueless.

Just give the bloody engines to a proper team. Williams.