Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Le Mans

Plenty of Minardi interest again:

Gene, Lamy, Sarrazin, Nakano, Yoong and Fittipaldi.

Also checkout one of the Ferrari F430 drivers: A Newey.

Comments

• Personally I'm pulling for Mika Salo, Jaime Melo, and Johnny Mowlem in the Ferrari F430 of Risi Competizione. Gotta go for the home team, but good luck to all the former Minardi drivers.
  • Yoong and Lammers were third in the LMP1 last year. Alex also finished 2nd in each of his last 2 races in Valencia last month and Prague last week.

I'll be supporting Alex (surprise!) and the other former Minardi drivers of course.

Guys, I've got to admit to a change in job, and I now have an interest in Ferrari via their F1 title sponsor.

Spin
  • Marlboro?:P
  • No! the other!
    Do I have to spell it out for a Dutchie?
  • He's a shell of his former self.

Telstar: the only Minardi link I can think of with your team (apart from the fact Stoddart and Salo are mates from Tyrrell days) is that Mika's promotion to stand-in for Schumi in '99 foiled Badoer's hopes of driving for TOIT. Oblique enough for you?!
  • I've always thought that Badoer should have had that drive, but at least Salo did a decent job in the TOIT. Still would have rather seen Badoer get a chance as he was always fast in testing and knew the car so well.
  • Olly Gavin's Corvette is out v early on. Shame but looking good for the Astons.
  • I'm glad the Astons are able to take it to the Corvettes at Le Mans. I was very disappointed this season that the Astons didn't come back to the ALMS series, except for Team Modena as a privateer, they may be back later in the season.

Looks like its gonna be Audi at the top once again, the Peugeot is up there but I don't think they could take the Audi unless problems crop up.

Salo and Risi Competizione are looking good so far, even the sister car of Krohn Racing is looking good, way better than they have looked in the races here in the states.
  • Charouz started OK with Alex for the first few hours holding 6th position.

A few incidents including a fire in the pits and a serious tyre blowout with Jan Charouz immediately later hitting his own tyre carcass after going off the track have lost them some serious laps. They're currently 12th so far as I can see. But my updates are about every 20 minutes instead of every 4 minutes, as claimed.

Only one Audi still running, but leading and fast.

[Edited on 17-6-07 by Dr_Spin]
  • Charouz now up to 11 with Alex back at the wheel.

A Jacques Villeneuve (Marc Gene's co driver) in 2nd in the Peugeot chasing the sole Audi.

Audi's wheel problem though to be the result of dropping the car off the jacks before the wheel nut was on and damaging the hub or thread.
  • Update on Audi 2 from the Le Mans website:

Audi PR has issued an official statement regarding the exit of the left rear wheel of the No.2 R10 TDI: “The wheel nut was not loose due to a pit problem. What caused the rear wheel to leave the car can only be analysed after the race, when the Audi Sport technicians are able to examine the car. Dindo Capello was in the middle of his second stint, and had already driven for 54 minutes on the same set of tyres. This would exclude the suggestion of a mistake at the pit-stop”.
  • two hours to go and still running. Alex must be glad he parted with Racing for Holland. Sarrazin looks in for a podium
  • Team Peugeot #7 retires (Gene, Minassian, and Villeneuve).

Charouz now 8th and cars spreadout driving more cautiously to finish.
  • Sarrazin (ex-Minardi), Yoong (ex-Minardi), Brabham (Aussie), Racing for Holland (Dutch Connection) .... I'm torn with conflicting loyalties.

Guess I'll just go with Alex for a top eight finish this time.

Just over 30 minutes to go!
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    Alex must be glad he parted with Racing for Holland.
    Yes those wooden wheels were too bizarre for words.