Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Silverstone preview

Couple of theories/admissions here:

- Magny-Cours and Silverstone suit TOIT's longer wheelbase (faster corners) + of course, the advances they've made at Maranello.

- Ron says the wick was turned down on the Mercs in France to save the engines for Silverstone. He concedes in previous races they've been flattered and in France TOIT were flattered.

Comments

• it will be a complete sell out with Hamilton racing, that's for sure
  • The Ferrari's wheelbase isn't exceptionally long. Longer than the 2006 car, though.

Ron is full of shit. Poor attempt at saving face.
  • Out of interest, do you believe anything he says? Does it not explain the sudden defecit? Its not as if TOIT closed the gap - they were actually quicker. That hardly ever happens in the space of two weeks.

[Edited on 3-7-07 by viges]
  • yeah, I refuse to believe Kimi is suddenly Mr Superstar again
  • Ferrari seems to have solved some internal problems especially with employees, RAI sensationally reported the case of Stepney's alleged sabotage! Incredible!
  • Sabotage Shmamotage. It's all a con by Schumacher to gain control. Whey else would he linger...
  • I'm not so sure... not so sure... we need to see how things develop... I heard that allegedly Stepney would be alone with the cars and put some powder with fuel but I do not have the technicalities!
  • Absolute tosh; the allegation, which is denied, is that he passed data to Mike Coughlan in April. Both worked for Benetton in the early 90s. McLaren have suspended Coughlan and deny they used the data.
  • Originally posted by viges
    Out of interest, do you believe anything he says? Does it not explain the sudden defecit? Its not as if TOIT closed the gap - they were actually quicker. That hardly ever happens in the space of two weeks.

[Edited on 3-7-07 by viges]
    They brought a relatively large update to the Silverstone test and used it in France. We've seen seasons swing before.

Roo: Can't tell how serious you're being but Schumacher has no interest in running Ferrari any longer. ;)
  • Originally posted by Neil_s
    Ferrari seems to have solved some internal problems especially with employees, RAI sensationally reported the case of Stepney's alleged sabotage! Incredible!
    yeah, it's not like RAI to overstate the Ferrari case is it? ;)
  • they pretend it never happened before in F1 in any way, shape or form. that's why you hire people from other teams, because of their expertise
  • Did anyone mention Gustav?
  • Its got to be wet right? We've had more rain here than we've seen since Moses had to build the ark!
  • A wet race will be very nice! Can we make a competition trying to say how many times the safety car goes out!!!???? I would say we will see it 2 times!
  • Jello, I was seriously joking. But I do wonder what his future intention is with the team.

So my pommy mates, are we looking at a wet race?
  • Even by our low standards the weather has been awful so far this summer (see Wimbledon; worst backlog in 25 years) but the forecast for Sunday is dry. Not that I believe them ...
  • DRY????? DRY?????
  • Being a former airfield for Lancaster bombers, Silverstone is on a plateau and always seems to be cold. Bad weather seems to make a beeline for it. Like Spa, you can have one end of the track wet and the other dry.