Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Ex Minardi Man in with shout of Spyker Drive

According to the following article Albers looks like he's out on his arse.

Albers Article

The following drivers are being lined up as potential replacements

Narain Karthikeyan
Christian Klien
and
Marc Gene.:)

Here's hoping Marc gets the seat. But i think money will talk and it'll go to a driver with lots of cash.

Comments

• aaaaand Jos the Boss
  • 'Fraid Not RJ. According to Crash.net Klien is favourite due to him having more "backing".
  • It will be most likely Karthikeyan, he was already spotted in the Spyker motorhome last weekend and brings loads of money.
  • I hope for Narain or Marc.
  • Don't forget van de Garde, his father in law is Marcel Boekhoorn, who owns a large part of the Spyker-shares.
  • From GPUpdate.net:

Spyker drops Albers
    10 July 2007

The Spyker team has dropped Christijan Albers as a race driver with immediate effect, GPUpdate.net can reveal exclusively. A decision on who will replace him at the next race at the Nurburgring has not yet been taken, according to Spyker F1 chief Michiel Mol.

"This has been one of the toughest decisions of my career," Mol told GPUpdate.net. "It's nothing to do with his talent as a racing driver, because we believe he is hugely talented. It's all down to one sponsor who has had financial difficulties."

"We haven't yet decided who will replace him," he added.

In another article I read that Klien might replace Albers for 2 or 3 races and that another driver will finish the season (possibly Bourdais).
  • Oh dear. Money may be the issue but I think Sutil had finished him off. Just goes to prove its tough at the top, even at the back of the grid.
  • I thought there was some sort of dispute between Spyker and Super Aguri regarding GvdG contract? I'm assuming that'll have to be sorted before he could be considered for a race seat.
  • yeah. Autosport.com got that story to. Apparantly he's out due to failure of a sponsor to pay an installment not because Sutil's has been beating him all ends up.
  • check front page for a surprise candidate
  • Talk about coming out of left field thats a surprise. Allbeit a very pleasent one. Go Roldan. Colin Kolles said that Markus Winkelhock may get the drive for Germany (as a favour!!!!!!) but after that its up for grabs.
  • When Ger and I sat down with GCM at Indy, Ger asked GCM about Roldan...... GCM believed that he HAS the TALENT, but that his major problem down the road was that he DOESN'T have much $$$$$ behind him........

Somehow I just don't see Roldan getting the Spyker seat........
  • Me neither + he hasn't proved himself in GP2, nowhere near.
  • According to the BBC website Klien has been given permission by Gil de Ferran and Honda to test with Spyker for a day at Spa. However, Spyker are still evaluating their options.
  • I'd rather see Roldan than Klien. Klien is even more boring to me than Albers was. (Although watching Albers did get entertaining the past few weeks)
  • After Magny Cors Albers was lucky to be driving at Silverstone. Saying it was a lack of money is a sugar coated way of saying he was too slow.
    As an outside bet I would add Nelson Piquet junior to the mix. Briatore is desperate to find him a seat. Spyker need to secure tenth spot from STR to secure an adequate budget for next year.
  • According to the autosport two weeks ago Mini Nelson was inline to replace Wurz at Williams if the Austrians qualifying performances did not improve.
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    After Magny Cors Albers was lucky to be driving at Silverstone. Saying it was a lack of money is a sugar coated way of saying he was too slow.
    As an outside bet I would add Nelson Piquet junior to the mix. Briatore is desperate to find him a seat. Spyker need to secure tenth spot from STR to secure an adequate budget for next year.
    I believe there is an agreement that the three teams (SA,STR and Spyker) will equally share their "prizemoney".
  • 'Tis many a slip betwixt cup and lip'. I can just see the other two teams reneging on that deal can't you? After all its Formula 1 where the motto is when your opponents down stick the kife in further.
  • Winkelhock has been confirmed for the European (German) GP. The deal is only for this GP at the moment. With Adrian Valles saying he's hopeful of securing the drive for Hungary.

[Edited on 18-7-07 by steamdrivenhammer]