Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Biofuel in motorsport

Renault Sport Technologies today revealed the first images of the new Formula Renault 3.5 which is due to make its track debut in the 2008 World Series by Renault. The new chassis, whose design was inspired by that of the Renault F1 R27, will be powered by a 24V V6 engine featuring flex fuel technology and capable of delivering up to 500bhp with E85 bioethanol. This will be a first at this level of motorsport in Europe.
source

Comments

• Was standing next to a barrel of "ELF 99.9% pure methanol" today, with a big toxic sticker on the side.

I'd rather use that than cow shit fuel.
  • Does biofuel burn "clear" like methanol?
  • The diesel they use at Le Mans is incredibly clean but, here's the thing, the engines sound ... well, they don't sound. Part of the thrill of motor sport, a big part for many of us, is the sound.

I understand motor sport has to 'lead the way' in environmentalism but not F1, PLEASE.
  • The noise is certainly one thing but I do miss floating round the back of the fuel dump at Silverstone on the fumes back in the day!!