Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Tghe Real Red Bull Shows its ugly Face

Looks like STR has finally hit rock bottom. Tozt and Speed rucking in the pit lane. Rumours of both drivers about to be sacked and Mateschitz unwilling to fund the team for much longer I did not think it possible but this management team is actully worse than Stoddart.

Comments

• without any design structure in place it will be very hard to sell it on to anyone
  • Time to start fund raising to pick up a bargain then??

I assume thats what you're suggesting RJ?? Simon will donate all proceeds from the book to give us a head start I'm sure
  • Yes, I hope the 75p helps.

Red Bull is a drinks company. A young American was fast-tracked into F1 to sell more drinks in America. Look what happens ...
  • I don't understand why Red Bull thought they could run two F1 teams. They can't even run one team prpoerly.
  • Personally i think the real reason Red Bull bought Minardi is that they knew they had loads of young drivers on their books and needed somewhere to showcase their talents. They also needed soemewhere top put the Ferarri engines so they could use Renaults and not get sued. If I rememeber rightly this is the last year of the Ferrari deal and therefore Mr Red Bull will look to get rid before he has to fork out more money on a new engine plus adjusting this years the red bull design for two different engines.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    without any design structure in place it will be very hard to sell it on to anyone
    It seems that STR has devoided Minardi of any real commercial assets

No name, no fans, no design.

Damn the Minardi's may have been slow, but they were ours.

Does STR have any sponsors? last I saw they were all on the Spyker?
  • This wouldn't be happening if either of those drivers were any good. Luizzi by himself would have brought down minardi with his crashes.

... not that that I don't agree that STR has been used as a dumping ground and that the management is not great.
  • I hope that someone buys STR and names it back to Minardi. Just a day dream I guess. It's just that it's a little bit boring to watch F1 these days. Maybe I should start cheering for Spyker team, they seem to be in quite a bad shape right now. I know that STR is Faenza based but this team doesn't have enough soul anymore. And no fan-base.

Minardi forever!
  • The plan is coming together. STR falls over, the fizzy drink salemsman looks to offload it, and along comes a quiet Italian gentleman with a racing background curently in lower formulae offering to buy the place.
  • We live in hope!
  • Yes, we hope that the Italian gentleman is ready to get into F1 once again!!!
  • Neil, I'm pretty much at the point where I don't care if he'd buy it to go straight back into F1 or just get Faenza back in his hands and see what the future holds.
  • 'bout time too.

Hopefully Liuzzi gets a firecracker up his arse now.
  • Too bad. I was under the impression that Speed was finally coming up to speed.

About STR becoming Minardi again. Do we have a millionaire in our midst?
  • Maybe we should make a petition and send it to Red Bull. How about changing the name to Minardi Toro Rosso ? In any case Minardi name should come first. I know it's not exactly the same thing but atleast the name would live on in Formula 1.

Here is a news article about Speeds exit from F1:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/31/scott-speed-makes-a-hasty-exit-from-f1/

Read the comments section. Minardi fans are numerous :)
  • noooooooooooooo who am i gonna pick as first retirement in the prediction league now?
  • Webber and Sato are always good bets.;)
  • and Liuzzi is still in!
  • But for how much longer. Putting Vettel and Bourdais in place will be the same shit different jockey!
  • only because you rate Liuzzi.... ;)

I think Vettel will be a substantial upgrade for STR, but not Bourdais.
  • P1 kindly do not libel me! I have never rated Luizzi. Pantano is the driver I have tired to champion.
    As for Vettel, there's a big difference between subbing for a Manufacturer team and a Privateer team thats has not designed/ developped its chassis. I think Tozt/Berger looked at Hamilton and think they will unearth gold with Vettel. Fool's gold that is:).
  • about buying back STR and reanme it:
    some months ago(I guess May)I read the following in the english wikipedia:
    "Giancarlo Minardi has stated that he intends on buying back Scuderia Toro Rosso from Red Bull. The plan is that Minardi Piquet Sports merges with Paul Stoddart's Minardi Team USA and Scuderia with the two main drivers being Vitantonio Liuzzi and Jarno Trulli with Gianmaria Bruni as the 1st test driver. Flavio Briatore will be team boss with Minardi being Team CEO. The Headquarters at Faenza will be rebuilt by Herzog & de Meuron with Dallara running the team for a while. Didier Perrin who currentley works for Dallara and was the designer of the 2007 GP2 car will become Technical Director after the Dallara term."

Meanwhile this part is gone from the Minardi-article.I copied and pasted it on a german Minardiforum.

Looks like there has been a plan already and I hope this is gonna work

forza minardi
  • I found the article on a webarchieve, here we go:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070605150518/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minardi#Future_For_Minardi

[Edited on 3-8-07 by DONTSTOP]

please copy and paste the adress in your browser

• did you edit that wikipedia article yourself? :D
  • no, I did not. I was really surprised when I first read this part of the article but as I said meanwhile this part is gone from the page.
    The page I added was last saved on 15. June 2007 and I read it on 12. June.
    I think whoever wrote this was serious because he uses Giancarlo Minardis name.