Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Dan Clarke in third in qualifying

While Doornbos had yet another disappointing qualification session. Dan Clark had his best qualification result of the season. Of course it would be better to see both cars at the top of the charts. But I would just say it's quite a remarkable achievement. :)

Comments

• Bad luck for Dan once again, Robert almost had bad luck but came back real strong. Congrats on his 2nd victory of the season!
  • well done, never imagined the team to achieve such results in their first season
  • Maybe you should realize then that it's not their first season..
  • i think it is, new management and all. even the biggest stoddart hater cannot deny that they are doing extremely well

[Edited on 30-7-07 by forzaminardi]
  • What a great drive by Doornbos. I thought the team would be down after the results after winning the first one but 3rd on the grid and a drive to the win from the back is fantastic.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    i think it is, new management and all. even the biggest stoddart hater cannot deny that they are doing extremely well

[Edited on 30-7-07 by forzaminardi]
    Oh, okay.
  • For the non-Stoddart-bashers: The new Minardi USA merchandise has arrived: http://www.robertdoornbos.com/en/merchandise
  • It's actually, the new RD merchandise, but thanks for the info. Now I can look up-to-date when I'm at Zolder and Assen... On the other hand, I think I'll wear my 2003 F1 team gear. Besides jeans, I'n not the 'blue' kind of guy.
  • let's see about prices first! :-)
  • Clarke put out a solid performance. What Doornbos did was just uh, kinda dumb. Clarke was lucky not to have any damage to his car after what Doornbos did.

If Doornbos wants to be a true contender for the title he needs to make less mistakes.
  • Mistakes? Clarke should have stayed on the inside. If you cut infront of anyone under braking, you know the guy behide you will lose downforce, can't brake, and will end up on you back. Allthough Clarke was the faster one of the two in the second stint, he should have been more carefull, and not rob his teammate from valuable championship points.
  • I don't agree. Losing down force does not mean you can't hit the brakes. Robert was the one that should have been more careful. Let's not forget he ran into the back of someone's car last week as well. Although mr. Lucky pulled it of in the end.

If I pass someone on the highway, and that person then drives into the back of my car. Is that my fault as well?

[Edited on 13-8-07 by Stan]
  • You can read the comments RD made about the incident, he says the same thing I do.

BTW: Your highway comment doesn't make sense. You have to look at it this way. Say you are driving on Ringbaan-West (for those who've never been there; double lanes, speed limit about 70 km/h). You are side by side with another car (no cars in front of you) driving towards traffic lights. The lights turn to red, and just as you want to brake, the car next to you, overtakes your car, get's in your lane infront of you, and starts to brake. Chances are, you are going to run into his back, because you were aiming to stop at the with line, not one car lenght (about 5 meters) before the white line. Capice?! And let me ad, that your car doesn't rely on downforce to keep your wheels glued to the tarmack, so the brakes can do their job properly. See what difficult position RD was in?! It's easy to say: "RD ran into Clarke, so RD is dumb". Clarke should have stayed on the inside, and both cars would have managed to brake normaly, and make the turn safely. What Clarke did, was taking a huge risk by cutting infront of RD, but Clarke is known for this...

Moreover, RD is a Championship contender. Before this race other drivers were told by the Champcar Worldseries Officials to stay out of the championship battle. With this in mind, and the fact that RD is his team-mate, the pass should have been made with less risk for all involved.
  • You can read the comments RD made about the incident, he says the same thing I do.
    Surprise surprise! ;)
    Say you are driving on Ringbaan-West
    The biggest difference between Ringbaan-West and Road America is that it is not being used as a race track (although I did so tonight). I still think this could have been avoided if RD had been a little more patient.

I doubt we're ever going to agree though.
  • Originally posted by Stan
    [quote]You can read the comments RD made about the incident, he says the same thing I do.
    Surprise surprise! ;)

or maybe; because it's the truth?! :cool:
    Say you are driving on Ringbaan-West
    The biggest difference between Ringbaan-West and Road America is that it is not being used as a race track (although I did so tonight). I still think this could have been avoided if RD had been a little more patient.

I doubt we're ever going to agree though.[/quote]

We don't have to agree, but it's just to easy to blame RD for running into the back of Clarke. I would have loved it to be at the Minardi race debriefing. The pressrelease wasn't that revealing while Keith Wiggins was gutted during the race, calling it 'unacceptable"...
  • Hopefully either Keith Wiggins or Stoddie gave Clarke a smack in the ear for that move. Selespeed, you're 100% right, Clarke should have stayed on the inside for that corner. It reminded me of an incident in F1 a few years ago involving Messers Montoya and Verstappen.

Stan you cetainly can't hang Doorknobs for the coming together in the San Jose!!!!
  • Originally posted by oznomad
    Hopefully either Keith Wiggins or Stoddie gave Clarke a smack in the ear for that move. Selespeed, you're 100% right, Clarke should have stayed on the inside for that corner. It reminded me of an incident in F1 a few years ago involving Messers Montoya and Verstappen.

Stan you cetainly can't hang Doorknobs for the coming together in the San Jose!!!!
    But you can hang Speedy Dan for nocking out Justin Wilson in that race!

btw: thnx OZ, finally someone who understands and agree's!
  • I didn't say I did not understand what you meant. I just said I didn't agree. ;)
  • Refering to the Zolder incident: I rest my case.
  • That was predictable ;)
  • sorry, just couldn't resist. :cool: