Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Bourdais to join Toro Rosso

Scuderia Toro Rosso announces that Sebastien Bourdais will drive for the team in the 2008 Formula 1 season.

The 28 year old Frenchman will be free to join the team after the final round of this year's Champ Car Series on 2 December. Currently leading the series with the Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing team, Bourdais has been champion for the past three years.

Prior to building his career in the United States, he was crowned Formula 3000 Champion in 2002.

"It has been a long time coming, but here we are!" said Bourdais.

"I would like to thank everyone at Red Bull for believing in me and giving me this long-awaited opportunity to race in Formula 1. I must also thank Newman/Haas/Lanigan Racing for letting me pursue my dream and allowing me to test for Scuderia Toro Rosso a few times this year."

Source Scuderia Toro Rosso

Bastard didn't thank Paul Stoddart for selling the team to Red Bull, and making him look like a prat this year!

Comments

• Weel, he didn't whine either, so that's a surprise ;)
  • May he fail as miserably as Da Matta failed in F1!
  • In Champcar it's possible to stick out as a driver. In F1 you are just as good as your car is... He'll lament his Champcar days after a few races.
  • He should have just waited until a constructor like BMW or Williams showed interest. And if they never do so, why not take a couple more Champcar titles? I'm afraid this STR move will ruin his carreer.

He's probably hoping Red Bull Technology will come up with a decent car next season. :(

[Edited on 14-8-07 by Stan]
  • On the contrary it is possible to stand out as a driver in inferior machinery. Look at Alonso in a Minardi. The point is you have to be an outstanding driver. I seriously doubt that Bourdais is of that calibre. The only plus is that his presence allows Magny Cours to market its GP.
  • Originally posted by Petroltorque
    On the contrary it is possible to stand out as a driver in inferior machinery. Look at Alonso in a Minardi. The point is you have to be an outstanding driver. I seriously doubt that Bourdais is of that calibre. The only plus is that his presence allows Magny Cours to market its GP.
    You are talking of Alonso in a Minardi, which was 6 years ago. Nowadays, with all driver aid's and electronical gaget's you cannot go faster as your car allows you to do.
  • Well Sutil seems to be doing just that at Spyker. His speed really showed up Albers.
  • I must agree Sutil tries to go faster then his car allows him to, but more then often those attemps end in tears.
  • Best of luck to the boy; what could be grander than a moaney Frenchie? F1 needs one. There used to be so many we could laugh at.

Feel rather sorry for Liuzzi; alot of his crashes were not his fault.

Don't feel sorry for Scotty. Jumped up Berk.
  • PS Vettel -v- Liuzzi will be interesting for the remainder of the season.
  • Luizzi has already put Vettel in his box. In Istanbul he was around half a second a lap slower than Luizzi.