Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Spyker for sale?

The team is considering bids. Paul, are you already checking your savings balance? Nah, just give it a rest, Champcar is much more fun afterall.

Comments

• i was quite amazed by the amount of Spyker merchandising they sold at Amsterdam Airport. One of those white shirts (the management wears) could have been mine for a mere 89 euro :o
  • What is going to happen with this team? The staff at Silverstone must just be at a loss as to whats going on and if there were accusations of Minardi bringing F1 into disripute through financial problems and lack of pace what does running at the back with 3 different owners and 3 different names in 2 years do?

Pitpass are implying that Spyker won't be able to make the next stage payment in the purchase of the team next month. So does it become Midland Spyker Toyota??
  • Spyker's team principal Michiel Mol has left the team because he wants to make a bid for it. I suspect he will buy out Spyker N.V. and carry on, most likely under a different name.
  • shambles... it's a shame, I started to like them
  • "i was quite amazed by the amount of Spyker merchandising they sold at Amsterdam Airport."

ok RJ, by now we know that you were in Amsterdam!!!! no need to overemphasize that!
  • Neil.........mate. You may want to consider hopping off your island and going for a walk around for a bit.

I smell fire sale. Just the sort of deal that Stoddie would be interested in.

Hmm, let's see......Team Ozjet Spynardi. No, wait, The Meurmans Minyker Cosworth Formula One Team.

Jornardi?
  • They could have saved $5 millions by taking up a V8 supply from Cosworth.
  • neil, maaate... nothing to be envious about! I just went there to schlep a suitcase back home as I'll be leaving this fair isle on the first of September and need to get rid of my stuff. I didn't even enter Amsterdam itself, just the ring road and the airport. Nothing overly exciting.
  • Yes, a shame for the good people at Silverstone. In many ways, everything is always up for sale, especially in F1. Aguri is considering offers right now, the main one from the backer of Campos GP2. Could Roldan get into F1 through a Spanish team led by an ex-Minardi driver? ... (I don't think Roldan's good enough, just for the record)

Frank Williams is the only guy I can think of who rebuffed a major manufacturer.
  • Rebuffed? I thought BMW gave Williams the push ...
  • Long after Frank spurned a Merc-style buy-in.
  • Now we know thw answer was yes. Mol and the Spyker crowd were like two blind dear having sex. No ******* idea!
    You have to think that the engine deal with Maranello was a misguided attempt to add credibility to the failing Spyker road car business.
    Where do they go now. I don't see the customer route as an option. Lets say the manufacturers ask for $100 millions a year to supply them. Thats twice their budget, plus they won't getTV revenues any longer!
  • shame about spyker, the new car started to get competitive (at least in midfield)