Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monza GP2

race one: Roldan has only himself to blame for a stupid crash at the second chicane. A hopeless overtaking move which gets you noticed by the F1 guys and not in the right way. Xandi was third until he ballsed up a restart.

The good news: Pantano wins for Campos. Italian drivers 1 and 2 at Monza.

This season has not been as good as the previous two. For us Brits, Conway has had a shocker. He absolutely creamed F3 here but has run out of luck in GP2 - not all the crashes were his fault! Bit of a Liuzzi.

Comments

• race two:

Roldan started at the back as a penalty for race one. Minardi nowhere.

Pantano is v good and has transformed Campos - great slipstreaming out of Parabolica. If you want to watch great racing, GP2 is the series. Why does F1 need a committee to work out how we get more overtaking?!

Glock with a nice lead in the title race; Conway had more bad luck and, again, it wasn't his fault.

Anyone going to Valencia?

[Edited on 9-9-07 by viges]
  • Bad week end for the Minardi:(
    I hope Pantano will return in F1, he is good driver. (drove the last 4 laps without fron wing!! great)
  • what happened to xandi in race 2?
  • If DiGrassi won the title it would be a travesty! Has he ever won a race in GP2?
  • very disappointing weekend after the last couple of races, the team should have come away with something but looking forward to Valencia in a couple of weeks should be a great weekend, topped of by the first win???;)
  • I think this season's been great, the usual close racing spiced up with the occasional bit of oafish driving. Minardi have just not had it all come together. They've mosttimes been a factor, usually with Roldan, but just never quite got the killer result. Too many mistakes, it's true. Learning year though, building up to a triumphant finale in Valencia, when we're all there cheering them on.