Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Minardi/Piquet extend with Rodriguez

From "Italiaracing.net"

Minardi/Piquet signed Roldan Rodriguez for the next GP2 season. The Spaniard, who also signed as a test driver in 2007 and 2008, will be carrying on his venture with the team owned by Tancredi Pagiaro.

Comments

• Great News. According to the autosport the team are looking to test Adam Carroll with a view to offering him a drive next season. Adam has always had budget problems but according to the article that shouldn't be an issue as the team are hoping to have a good portfolio of sponsors lined up for next year.
  • Sounds familiar ...
  • so that's the end of xandi's career?
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    so that's the end of xandi's career?
    When we spoke to Xandi in Valencia he was very interested in what people thought about Champ/IRL etc
  • haha, good one, I'm sure ger and murph gave him their expert opinion:P
  • hmmmmm..... I did give him my opinion.....though I wouldn't claim that I am an expert on anything.....as Mrs. Murphy can attest to ......hahahaha

ciao

[Edited on 8-10-07 by Murph]
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    haha, good one, I'm sure ger and murph gave him their expert opinion:P
    Expert opinion? I dont think so! Saying that I watched the replay of the Oz race and couldn't say I didnt enjoy but the track layout did not lend to overtaking. I dont remember Xandi and the Champ car questions but I wonder where he will end up now.
    By the way we ought to congratulate Davide Rigon and the Minardi F3000 boys on winning both championships.
  • And, for my 500th post, Fooooorzzzzzaaaaa Minardi! champions of all Europe, and of Italy too!....(well, kind of).

Well done by Davide, Diego, Giovanni and all the Euro3000 team.
  • Rodriguez will run for Force India. Minardi need another top driver... who?
    I like Rigon, but he will be a rookie...
  • are you sure? unless he has Heather Mills as his personal sponsor he will only be a test driver, which at least for Spyker this year, has meant absolutely nothing apart from posing at the opening press conference
  • I rode here:
    http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=16871&cat=1

I understood Thad "full-time driver" mean race pilot... but if no other site wrote the news may be a "SOLA" (not the truth for the english people).