Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Wheels

I might have missed something, but when did the wheels increase in size, the rims seem to go all the way to the front of the tyre, if you know what I'm talking about. What's that all about?

Comments

• Ferrari started adding carbon fibre hub caps
  • and they're allowed to? the point being?
  • those carbon fibre hub caps look hideous in my opinion.
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    and they're allowed to? the point being?
    Aerodynamic stuff. Ferrari claims it has to do with cooling the brakes, while in fact what they try to do is smoothen the airflow which passes the wheels. Normal rims tend to ad turbulence to the airflow. And turbulance means: drag. Drag means: less speed. Less speed means: finishing second...
  • But last time i checked they're attached to tyres therefore they are removed when the tyres are changed. Ergo that makes them removable aerodynamic device and therefore are illegal.

Thats it Kick Ferrari out of the constructors champonship.;)
  • Technically, they are attached to the brake assembly and disengage each time the airgun is attached; they have to lock to the main spindle to stay legal.
  • it looks like some badly rendered 3d animation of a 1990s computer game that's for sure