Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A Wet Fuji

No surprises there then. Wet races are always great spectacles but they really are a lottery.
I have a few questions;
Why was Kubica given a drive through for the collision with Hamilton. IT WAS A RACING INCIDENT!
Will Tozt physically attack Vettel for his moment of madness.
Will the FIA uphold the stewards penalty to Luizzi. Lets hope so. Spyker deserve a point and any money going should go to them not some team thats simply gone round to the back of the Red Bull Garage and assembled some parts.( Sacrilege I know but Faenza is worth much more than that)
We can start the engraving on the Drivers Trophy co Isolder is about to make her entrance. For those not familiar with Wagner, the fat lady is about to sing.

Comments

• yeah, fully agree, Spyker deserve that point after all they've been through!

I was impressed with Vettel managing to qualify that well though, he has a lot of talent (never mind the complete f up with Webber)!
  • Glad to see the point went to Spyker. Sutil has been doing a solid job this year. By the way, I was under the impression that Massa could have finished the race without that last splash & dash. Is it just me or did they do that to give Kimi a better shot at the championship?
  • What a great result; Fuji in the rain seems to suit the Brits. Forza Lewis!

Vettel's quali must be one of the performances of the year.
  • Sadly ruined by his race performance.
  • so only two years after setting the record for the youngest WDC, it's being shattered again. Does this mean that by 2015 we'll have 10 year olds winning races?
  • What a great race. What a change!

Some of those drivers were shown up in the skills department, and some teams were shown up in the 'ability to cope' department.

What a shame that Vettel completely buggered up what could have been a stellar weekend for himself. As for Webber, I'm no diehard, but he was likley going to win that one. It is amazing how some of the pundits are trying to lay the blame on him. Such is life.

Good work by Lewis, he kept his head and got the result. Alonso meanwhile proved that God has a sense of humour.

Fantastic last lap by Massa and Kubica. You'd pay money to see that.

The Heidfeld prophesy came true again. What is it with him and arriving sideways into corners that are full of cars? Melbourne anyone? A1 ring anyone?

I haven't enjoyed a race like that so much in years. It just shows what is possible when the car advantage is removed. Folks go racin! And it was on at such a civilised time too.

Now, you all know that your precious Faenza is going to be a Toit alternate next year don't you. Such a nice change from being the Drug Baron's spare parts wholesaler.
  • Webber was robbed. And he's been robbed an awful lot in F1.

As for Hamilton trying to partly blame Webber for the accident, well.... pot, kettle, black matey. It's a bitch when there's more than one camera shooting it in today's day and age.

• re car advantage Lease: it's also interesting to see the cream rise to the top on a day like that.

Hamilton, Webber, Vettel, Kimi, Button.

Webber set 3rd fastest race lap I might point out, only behind the McLarens (one of which didn't have to deal with near as much spray either).

• Now, you all know that your precious Faenza is going to be a Toit alternate next year don't you
    Do tell, I have not heard the rumblings...

Oh, you can catch the Massa v Kubica last lap here, all courtesy of Massa's on board camera.

Massa v Kubica

[Edited on 2-10-07 by SuperRoo]
  • P1, I haven't read any race reports. Was Lewis blaming Webber for that? I don't get it. I can't see Lewis did anything wrong but I am, of course, incredibly biased ...
  • wow, amazing stuff from Kubica and Massa
  • Originally posted by viges
    P1, I haven't read any race reports. Was Lewis blaming Webber for that? I don't get it. I can't see Lewis did anything wrong but I am, of course, incredibly biased ...
    Yes, he intimated in the post race press conference that Webber was too close to him and he foresaw that result.

Have a look at the video again, why does he go hard to the right, waaaayyyy off the racing line, and apply his brakes for seemingly no good reason? It forces Webber to apply his brakes so as not to go past him, and in turn Vettel rams Webber. Hamilton practically stops on the track.

Have a look at some of the other forums viges (Sportnetwork, Speed TV, pitpass), Hamilton is being pasted for trying to act the innocent angel regarding the incident. Even James Allen (he of the adoring fondness) questioned Lewis' manoeuver.
  • All I know is that, if, in previous years, M Schumacher had done one third of the fake starts Hamilton did in this race, people would be screaming for vengeance for years.
  • We are

VENGEANCE!!!!!!!! VENGEANCE!!!!!

Oooh, that does feel good.

I don't blame Hamilton. Gamesmanship behind the pace car is 'de rigeur'. Maybe questionable in that visibility, but the guy behind keeps clear of the guy in front. Them's the rules

Roo, there is a fairly strong rumour that Toro whatever is being sold to some group that are already talking in bed with Toit. They are also likely to be the A1GP chassis suppliers next year.
  • I heard about the A1GP deal but haven't seen much about Tosser Rosso and Ferrari yet. No doubt they would not keep that ghastly name... the return on Minardi? :D
  • Oops, I may have wrongly maligned Vettel, . Looks like Hamilton may have been driving erratically behind the pace car hence causing the Webber/ Vettel pile up. If the stewards are consistent I predict a 10 place grid penalty for Hamilton in China. You can't be farting about behind the pace car in zero visibilty.
    PS; RJ it should now be mandatory to refer to STR as Tosser Rosso on the boards!
  • nah, some people in here might not agree ;-)
  • I agree, 10 place penalty. Hamilton cant get away with a total bastard act like that. Bad bad bad bad Boy!!!
    There should be a minimum speed the lead car has to travel at, or is there?
  • Just penalise him with 25sec. in Fuji race.
    That way Heikki has won for Renault, Kimi came in secon (and closes in on 2 more points to Alonso) and Lewis would still be 3rd (IIRC)!!!!

Btw, I thought the safetycar rules were changed after last season so that braketesting is now a no-go!
    Or do I remember wrong??
  • No penalty for Lewis.
    FIA is going from bad to worse.
    IMHO, Webber could have perhaps stayed a bit farther, and so Vettel from Webber, but if you speed up, then move all to the right to avoid the pacecar and then brake from 150 kph to 30 kph all of a sudden, you are just being a m....f....
    A penalty would have been absolutely appropriate, and I am sure that had somebody else done the same, it WOULD have been applied.
    FIA is really going down.
  • No, sorry, this is big school. We don't have brake lights, we don't mirror, signal, manoeuvre ...

Schumi did it, Fred does it, Kimi does it. Lewis did not reverse into Mark, who is simply being opportunistic in his remarks. Get over it ... mate.
  • Poor decision from the FIA, how they could have come to that decision after viewing the additional fan footage (which incidentally, FOM had removed from You Tube... so they also control fan footage now?) is beyond me.... Webber had every right to make comment after seeing that footage.

The UK Sun's editorial about Mark Webber was as insulting as I can recall a mainstream media organisation publishing about a driver in recent times. How dare he criticise their God?

Obviously the hysteria over there for Lulu has gone right OTT.

edit: and viges proves it, right on cue.

[Edited on 6-10-07 by MinardiP1]
  • Who's hysterical?!

I assure you, I would say the same about that incident whoever was in the lead car. I am not 'anti Mark' by any stretch of the imagination.

Fred's move on Lewis at Spa was hard but that's racing. I repeat, Lewis did not reverse into Mark. Lewis did not break any rules. Who says you can't check grip levels on all parts of the track?

I've never thought Lewis was an innocent choirboy. That's not how you win in F1. Maybe you could tell Mark ...
  • Would the Sun have offered the same vitriolic editorial if the driver being accused wasn't one L. Hamilton?

Come now viges, you are living in Lulu-land, don't tell me it doesn't cloud the judgment. ;)
  • Isn't the Sun more of a gossip magazine than a newspaper anyway?

Just like Viges says, he did not break any rules.
  • I'm not going to waste time defending The Sun (owned by an Australian, by the way).

Lewis had been using that line for much of the race. He is not responsible for what Vettel may or may not do and its ridiculous for Webbo to try to stir this up.
  • For the record, Peter Windsor said Webber refused to criticise Hamilton at the meeting (It was Red Bull who was driving this to help Vettel). Just wanted to clarify correct procedure behind safelty car.

Lease, it is not chassis supply but engine supply that TOIT are investigating, RE; A1GP.

Also, heard a rumour that TOIT are nervous that the prodrive team will effectively be a second Mclaren team, headed by Alonso. TOIT are looking at
    supplying Tosser Rosso with a chassis to go with the running gear that they already supply to be on equal terms with Macca. Of course this is all dependant
    on the concorde agreement.

[Edited on 8-10-07 by SuperRoo]
  • I doubt Red Bull Technology will let a deal like that happen, 'roo. Geoff Willis is an RBT employee (as opposed to an RBR or STR employee) and thus he works for both teams in many ways.

I think the collective brains at RBR and STR quite like the idea of having 4 Red Bull chassis collecting data for them, why would they hand that advantage to Ferrari?
  • Who said RB will still be the owners?