Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Hamilton's off to.......

Switzerland.

According to the BBC website on the day his home town have announced that they are naming a street after him Lewis has decided to leave this country for a life in Switzerland. Lewis has blamed the media for his decision. Call me a cynic but this story has surfaced a couple of days after the autosport says that he is negotiating a pay increase with Ron. If my 13 weeks sitting in a class at uni learning foreign tax taught me one thing it's that Switzerland have far lower income tax rates than the UK. Hmmmmmm surely Hamilton's not going to Switzerland for tax reasons.

Comments

• I belive its similar to the reasons all the drivers used to congregate in Monaco, central location, good weather, got all the facilities you need, easy to get to all the european races etc:D
  • There are also cultural reasons: historical places, nice architecture, museums.
    And don't forget that the pure mountain air is good to keep your body fit for F1.
    And what about the good-looking, generous Swiss girls?

Naaah, he's not moving there for fiscal reasons.
  • maybe he has a crush on one of the other drivers who live there.
  • Originally posted by Minardifan2002
    maybe he has a crush on one of the other drivers who live there.
    Ladies & Gentlemen we have a winner:D
  • Do you mean that Lewis Hamilton fancies Nick Heidfeld.:o:o:o:o:o:o:o
  • Surely the drivers who live at Monte Carlo are there because all apartaments at Monaco are less than a Km away from super-markets and drugstores. In fact, I cannot think of a better reason for living somewhere. On the other hand, Swiss media has tried to convince the word that this also true at Switzerland, but they are liers. Shame those bad men could convince poor little Hamilton of that.
  • Hamilton's driving license taken for a month by the police, that also fined Clewlis of Euro 600 for speeding at 196 kmh on a French motorway.

Was he going to Switzerland where Naomi was waiting for him naked at home? :D:D

It would have been good fun seeing him taking again driving lessons as it happened to Nelson Piquet!!!!:P
  • i'd consider monaco a wicked place to live even if it weren't for the tax break. where else can you walk through the tiniest of alleys at 3am with a 24k Rolex and a wolf fur coat without getting mugged :D
  • Only problem would be DC "This is my year" as a neighbour!
  • Only you could turn it into a bit of DC-bashing! Don't go changing ...
  • ...just to please me...