Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Housewife English

Even after 5 years on this isle i'm still fishing for words at times. How do you call that soft soap that you use as a pre treatment (for example if you have dirty collars or coffee stains, and no, i don't meean vanish). In German it's Schmierseife in Dutch it's groene zeep but my English dictionary gives me something to the extent of "soft soap" which in a supermarket only brings up hand lotion of some kind.

Does anyone know?

Comments

• maybe "softener"?
  • Didn't billy joel use the term soft soap in goodnight saigon? What were the lyrics again.. "we had no playboy... we had no soft soap"

That still doesn't mean anything but it might be a good clue.
  • In Australian . . . the closest I could find was . . . HOUSEWIFE?
  • Try Sugar Soap. I've used it diluted for removing nicotine stains from walls and ceilings it may not be the same stuff your thinking of but its the only thing i could think of.
  • Its refered to as the Vanish brand name in the same way that 'hoover' is a vacuum.

I think....