Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Pressure on uncle Ron

Rumours of his resignation going round. He of course denies it but the question remains whether it's time for him to step down.

Comments

• Why should he retire? Like him or not, he adds the "grey" to a balck and white situation. Confusing? yes, that's Ron.
  • According to the German mag Auto, Moto und Sport, Mercedes would have acquired the majority of McLaren's shares (so far it was Mercedes 40%, Mumtalakat 30%, Dennis 15%, Ojjeh 15%).

If so, it would mean a farewell to Dennis (at least from the GPs, if not from the shareholding).

If the news is true (Mc Laren denied so far), it might be the last step imposed by Bernie to Mercedes and Dennis to avoid disqualifications.

Indeed, it was strange that the team presentation was made in Stuttgart and not in Woking.....let's see.

Honestly, although I do not properly like him, I would be sorry to see Ron leaving F1 this guise, first because he represents a whole lot of history (from Lauda-Watson to Alonso-Hamilton all the way through Prost, Rosberg, Senna, Berger, Hakkinen, Coulthard, Raikkonen, Montoya), secondly because until last year I rated him an arrogant arse but a honest man.
  • And now, to end this horrible year, he has even been divorced by his wife, apparently.....hihihi!

But the most incredible news is that also Mika and Erja Hakkinen broke! Life is really unpredictable, I would have never believed that they were gonna separate. Perhaps Mika is one of those simple and naive guys who only late in life understand how much they like the pussy, and he decided to start living around a bit!!!!
  • The circle is tightening on Ron.
    McLaren Factory has been inspected by a joint team of Italian and English investigation police, that has collected paper and software material about the industrial espionage and the utilization of Ferrari secrets for the planning of the 2007 car and the setting of the pit strategies for the 2007 races.
    All this material is going to the file of the Italian criminal case against McLaren.

Rumours are more and more insistent on Ron being about to sell his remaining 15% share in the team.

Meanwhile, Alonso says that he won't be able to compete with Ferrari and McLaren,and so confirms Piquet.
    I'm starting to fear that this year will be a Ferrari domination.
  • sorry, above was me.
  • End of the story! According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Ron is leaving McLaren for good.
    The online version of the pink newspaper does not specify if Ron is also going to sell his remaining shares, or is just leaving all personal involvement in the operations of the company, staying as shareholder.
    Be it as it may, if the news is confirmed, I guess we just have to pay honours to a figure that, although controversial, wrote a fundamental page in 30 years of history of F1, buying out a dying McLaren, and taking it to 10 Drivers' Championships from 1984 to 2009 and 7 Constructors' Championships from 1984 to 1998, from Lauda and Watson to Hamilton and Kovalainen through Prost, Rosberg, Johansson, Senna, Berger, Hakkinen, Brundle, (Mansell....), Coulthard, Raikkonen, Montoya and Alonso. And from the turbo era with TAG Porsche engines, to the Honda domination, to the Mercedes era.
    Chapeau to the guy, tough, nasty but loyal and sportsmanlike. Shame only for that fucking spy-story in 2007.
  • I am not gonna miss him!

• Perhaps Mika is one of those simple and naive guys who only late in life understand how much they like the pussy, and he decided to start living around a bit!!!!
    .......or perhaps he has discovered that he doesn't like it after all. Hi Bruce!

sorry, above was me.
    Piss off! What was that.......a three-year sabatical??? No room for any other posters from Canberra now buddy.
    ;)

No tears from me about Ron. Sure, he has contributed a huge amount to the sport over a stellar career, but oh the double-dealing and Machiavellian maneuvering! The man could not lie straight in bed, and that makes him impossible to respect.
  • never knew berger won the championship :-P
  • Berger's biggest victory was finally getting a car that fitted him.