Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

A1 GP Sydney

If anyone is in Sydney they can drop me a line and say G'day!

Hot and humid (36ºC) followed by storm on Thursday night. Expected rain on weekend. Ill post some pics tonight. (Hopefully)

Comments

• Eastern Creek is a very accessible track with a catchment of around five million people. It should be much more successful than it is.

A personal view is that whilst the facilities themselves are of a very high standard, the track lets it down. The main straight and first four corners are good, but then the thing does that horrible business from there until the last two corners, which are also good.

If they could find a way to give the track some more meat, with high speed corners and more straights, it would attract better events. It's not as if there isn't enough room out there. It's been a while since I visited (well, more than a while), but they had lots of room to extend towards the east from what I recall.

Ethanol-mixed fuels in racing cars? Umm, sure. I'll bet that they use more greenhouse energy in bloody autoclaves, curing CF parts than they do burning fuel. This has got to be a joke.
  • So reducing a large number is not worth the time or effort? :o
  • Have a great time.
  • TV coverage looked good and damp. The two are not unconnected. The Canadian lad was awesome, overtaking on the outside of turn one.

Mind you, apart from turn one Eastern Creek looks very average.