Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Nissany

Israel TV channel 10 announced today that Minardi will sign Chanoch Nissany for a test driver role at the end of the month.

Can anyone find out if it's really happening?

Comments

• Friday test driver or ????
  • Holy shit !
    :o
  • Will Nissany be our next Zlobin? No, there is nobody in the world like Zlobin. :P

+++Homer wants Zlobin+++:
  • Holy shit !
    :o
    You should have said oy vey!
  • But I don't want to be bombed :(
  • I thought Zlobin was supposed to do some tests for us. I don't recall him doing so, I guess the money didn't come through. Could be he was too slow to post a time. The Russians, Zlobin's sponsors, and Gazprom need to back up their wanting to get into F1 by actually paying.
  • Op possibly his Russian sponsors got a call from Midland and those sponsors
    are now injecting money into the Midland team rather then in Zlobin's tests

• I thought Zlobin was supposed to do some tests for us. I don't recall him doing so, I guess the money didn't come through. Could be he was too slow to post a time. The Russians, Zlobin's sponsors, and Gazprom need to back up their wanting to get into F1 by actually paying.
    He did do one test in (IIRC) September 2004 !!!!
  • According to the TOMS-Message-board, Nissany will test in Misano together with Albers.
  • Op possibly his Russian sponsors got a call from Midland and those sponsors

If Zlobin gets a ride with Midland, then we will definetely have one car always behind us. Though I doubt Midlan would be dumb enough to give him a ride.
  • [quote]Op possibly his Russian sponsors got a call from Midland and those sponsors

If Zlobin gets a ride with Midland, then we will definetely have one car always behind us. Though I doubt Midlan would be dumb enough to give him a ride. [/quote]
    I don't understand this 'patriotism' stuff. Why should Midland hira a Russian fi Shneider's business is in Canada mainly?
    Same with Red Bull. They sell all over the world and will place an austrian cause the hay have their headquarters there. Why should Mateschitz care so much about austrian media? RJ don't get mad at me, but austrian media and market shouldn't be that significant to a worldwide player. And Klien sux no matter his citizenship. Why not Wurz then?
  • There is nothing wrong with patrionisme. If i were an extremely rich multinational
    who just bought a new toy then yeah, i might also consider helping
    out a promising new talent from my country

Ok, Klien had his chance already last year and didn't do much with it,
    but maybe the Austrian goverment is giving Mateschitz a big tax deduction for letting Klien drive, or he's got some other invenstements that would benefit
    (maybe he's investing in the Austrian TV that is showing F1)

• I've just finished creating an initial version of an unofficial page for Nissany.

You are all welcome to read about him and give me feedback.

http://nissany.iosport.st
  • Looks good Boos. It was nice reading his racing history (I saw him racing in Valencia last year).

You a fan of his ?????

BTW, if he gets a test contract with Minardi, then I guess Upex will become a sponsor !?!?

• Its OK - but it does load rather slowly using the Safari browser.
  • Looks good Boos. It was nice reading his racing history (I saw him racing in Valencia last year).

You a fan of his ?????

BTW, if he gets a test contract with Minardi, then I guess Upex will become a sponsor !?!?

Yes I'm a fan of him altough i never got to see him racing.
    Regarding sponsors Upex is his big sponsor so i suppose they will be part of any deal that he will be signing. If you look at pictures you will see thier logo on all of the cars that he drove (except for the Minardi).
  • Even without participating in the last race of the season due to the Holy Jewish day of "Yom Kippur" he won both the Hungarian championship and the central European zone championship.

Just noticed that on his site - is this going to be a problem in F1? I have NFI when Yom Kippur falls, is it on the Friday of a GP weekend?
  • "Yom Kippur" May fall on a weekend (Friday or Saterday) and is defined by the jewish calander.

There was an Israeli person who lost his chance to get an Olympic medal in the sailing competitions just because he didn't compete in this day (In Sidney 2000). He came 4th at the end.

I guess that any Israeli representing his country will never compete on this day in any sport.

• Are you Israeli/Jewish, Boos?
  • And where's that .st domain from?

Shalom:)
  • ^^ São Tomé and Príncipe.
  • I have no idea about the domain.
    I'm using a subdomain of a free 5MB web site.

And for the previous questions answer for both is Yes!

By the way you can now enjoy the site also in Hebrew.
  • 'Enjoy' is a bit strong but I'll give it a go.