Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Toro Rosso do it!!

2»

Comments

• Congratulations to all the ex Minardi staff
    Faenza can be proud

For me, The Italian anthem at Monza and no red team on the podium was priceless :)
  • Definately a case of FORZA FAENZA!!!!

Great to see all the Minardi guys looking so happy, especially Massimo being interviewed on ITV as others have said it goes to show the quality of staff at Minardi all they needed was the cash.

Congrats to all at Faenza and Vettel, hope it's one hell of a party!
  • really great race just wished the team still would be minardi, we're now sixth or seventh in constructorschampionship.
    By the way: I think we beat Arrows now, because if I remember right it took us less than 398 GP to win a race; Arrows is the team with the most GPs (guess 398) without a win and I think they will it be forever because no other new team in future will surivive as long as minardi and arrows did (about 333 GP).
    Just look on Jaguar, Sauber, Super Aguri, Midland, Spyker they're all gone.....

forza minardi
    hope we see stoddie or gcm back in action soon no matter where (GP2, IRL or whatever)

[Edited on 15-9-08 by DONTSTOP]
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    [quote]
    Red Bull just changed the name
    So apart from Minardi being now called "horny bull", the entire design staff and several key people being kicked out days after the take over (including GCM), fans being told to take off their Minardi gear when they visit the team, the team using a knock off version of the Red Bull car, and it being sold to the lowest bidder in due course because they are left as a mere assembly line and have absolutely no tech base from which to design their car once the new regs come into place, what has really changed? Gosh, I've been so blind all this time! Thanks for setting that straigh for me! [/quote]
    Sorry, I am new here and iyt would seem I dont know as much about the Minardi team as you, I had know idea it wwas that bad but even still, they didnt go the same way as Super Aguri and Arrows(amongst others):)
  • The one race of the year that I miss and not by choice, damn you Hurricane Ike! Congrats to the Faenza guys!

For any concerned just some tree branches down and power out, just got cell coverage back, and that is how I'm online. Also if anyone has taped the race an care to make a copy please post, I will respond at some point whenever I am next able to do so.

Thanks!
  • Congrats to all the former Minardi people, great job!

@ Numan-Chris

Are you Arthurs son?
  • Originally posted by Rime
    Congrats to all the former Minardi people, great job!

@ Numan-Chris

Are you Arthurs son?
    No im not but who's Arthur?:D
  • Hang on in there Telstar! Glad to hear you are OK - sorry, I don't have a tape of the race - you may have to wait until the 2008 DVD comes out.
  • I'm sure you can find a copy on a torrent - NOT THAT I'M ADVOCATING DOWNLOADING COPYRIGHT MATERIAL FROM THIS INTERNET THINGY!!!

Maybe Piratebay...
  • Originally posted by Numan-Chris
    [quote]Originally posted by Rime

@ Numan-Chris

Are you Arthurs son?
    No im not but who's Arthur?:D [/quote]

Arthur Numan, living in the Glasgow area...
  • Originally posted by Rime
    [quote]Originally posted by Numan-Chris
    [quote]Originally posted by Rime

@ Numan-Chris

Are you Arthurs son?
    No im not but who's Arthur?:D [/quote]

Arthur Numan, living in the Glasgow area... [/quote]
    Oh right! Shouldve realised that, youve got the wrong Numan though!:P
  • Good one for the faenza staff...wish i was there...any reactions from the italian press?
  • reaction from Paul Stoddart

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080918105121.shtml

[Edited on 18-9-08 by Minardifan2002]
  • Supercongrats to the Faenza guys, to old Gerhard, and of course to young Sebastian. Pity that Bourdais could not complete the podium, he could have done it, and the day would have been absolutely perfect.

This day was historical taking into consideration ALL F1 history, because this was probably the very first time (at least since the '70s) that a REAL backmarker wins, and wins dominating the race, and not by a series of lucky coincidencies (as it happened for Panis/Ligier in Monaco 96, for Herbert/Stewart in Nuerburgring 99, and for Fisico/Jordan in Interlagos 03). The wins of Benetton in 86, Jordan in 98, Renault in 03 and 04, Honda in 06 and BMW in 08 cannot be considered as backmarkers' wins. The only case I can remember close to this was Damon Hill missing by one lap the win in Budapest 97 on an Arrows.

Really incredible, a day that definitely reconciles you with Formula 1.

This reconciliation would soon finish should Massa win the title, after all the dull races he's been running! At least Kimi sometimes remembers to have balls!