Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Good news for the Americans !!!

From Grandprix.com:
CBS to show Formula 1 races in 2005
The American network CBS Sports is to give Formula 1 coverage a try in 2005. The network has agreed a deal to broadcast four Grands Prix, beginning in late April, with two hour-long lifestyle specials to promote Formula 1 in the United States. This will give F1 a total of 10 hours of programming on a US network. The deal was put together by DEC Entertainment which recently secured the US rights to Formula 1.

The first race to be aired will be the San Marino Grand Prix which will be broadcast on April 24. CBS will then show the events at Barcelona, the Nurburgring and will show the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal live.

Robert J. Correa, the senior vice-president of programming at CBS Sports, says Formula 1 will fit well into CBS's racing package.

Comments

• Too bad - they will certainly f it up.

However, I may try to get them to do a story about the FM.com/MCSF event at Imola.

However, I may try to get them to do a story about the FM.com/MCSF event at Imola.
    Hopefully they won't do worse than ABC. Speed isn't that great either but they are way better than ABC. That would be cool if they did something on Imola.
  • hmmmm..... the Canadian GP is the only race of the 4 they are doing live???? I sure hope Speed is still covering f1......sure liked their Friday coverage and the LIVE broadcasts on Sunday.

Nice idea Quig, but I wnat an explanation on why aren't they boradasting the US GP, live or not! I don't understand it at all.
  • Nice idea Quig, but I wnat an explanation on why aren't they boradasting the US GP, live or not! I don't understand it at all.
    I don't understand why CBS isn't broadcasting Indy either. I would think that would be the main one that they would want to show.
  • Speed will be covering the other 15 races on the schedule plus rebroadcasting all 19 GP's. I read that Speed is providing the World Feed for the USGP...... glad I will be at Imola this April....if I was back in the states I would see the race on tape delay as CBS is only doing the Canadian GP ..."live". Now if Emmo can convince CBS to include the MCSF and the FM.com boys as a key part of the "pre-game" coverage.... that would be pretty cool........

well Emmo..............................
  • First things first my friend. Tickets and then I start to work on my marketing guy inside the Team.

RJ - what about a flyer - electronic of course, to promote the Minardi gathering at the track on Sunday. it would all depend on the place where we are going to sit but if we can get members of other Minardi Clubs to show it could be, in a small way, a rival to the TOIT tifosi.

The tour/meal is all OURS!
  • I sure as hell hope that this CBS deal works out better than ABC did...their race coverage killed me, cutting out pieces, speeding up the footage to make the time slot.

Dunno why we can't just stick with Speed for the whole season...no one cares about F1 here, and that won't change.