Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

New USF1 team from 2010?

According to German press, a new team from the US, that is provisionally named USF1, is preparing to debut in the WC in 2010. The team would be based in Charlotte, North Carolina, and would have a branch in Bilbao, Spain, and use the Windshear wind-tunnel.
The team-manager would be Ken Anderson (American motor engineer with a past in Ligier from '86 to '89), and his partner would be Peter Windsor (formerly at Williams).
Nothing else is yet known (engines, drivers, start of tests....), but apparently at the end of February something more will be unveiled.

Mosley is of course happy about the news and the idea of a new team joining in this moment of famine....

Other teams (like Ferrari, Toyota, Mercedes) are apparently happy as well, because the presence of an US team would increase popularity of F1 there and help such manufacturers' penetration into the US market.

[Edited on 6-2-09 by manlio27]

Comments

• There is going to be a press conference in America on the 22nd of Feb officially launching the project.
  • i remember jag had operations sprawled out like that, we all know how that went...
  • According to an article on grandprix.com (i think) although the factory is going to be based in North or South Carolina they will also have an operations base (whatever that is :o) in Europe. An early contender is sharing the Epsilon Euskadi factory in Spain.
  • The team will be officially announced in a special show on Speed TV on February 24 at 13:00 EST

www.usf1.com
  • Apparently one of the drivers will be Danica Patrick!
    The girl deserves a chance in F1, but I'm very skeptical on her possibilities to do well on this side of the Atlantic!
  • Press conference today, should have comments from Mario Andretti and Dan Gurney, along with Q&A from reporters and from fan email.

go here and there is a link if you want to send a question.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/us-f1-press-conference-live-on-speed-tuesday/

• Apparently one of the drivers will be Danica Patrick! The girl deserves a chance in F1, but I'm very skeptical on her possibilities to do well on this side of the Atlantic!

How can someone who has won less career races than Alex Yoong or Christian Albers deserve a chance in F1. Especially if some of her wins didn't involve turning right!!!!!!