Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Vettel to Faenza (temporarily)

Should be a nice drive in the country?

Sebastian Vettel will on Sunday return to the cockpit of a Toro Rosso.

The 21-year-old German moved up from the Faenza based team to its parent outfit Red Bull Racing at the end of last year.

But it is for his achievements at the wheel of the Ferrari-powered STR3, including winning the Italian grand prix at Monza, for which he is being honoured with the prestigious Lorenzo Bandini trophy.

To mark the occasion in style, Vettel will drive the 12 kilometres along the scenic Via Fireze, from the Faenza factory to Bandini's nearby hometown Brisighella, at the wheel of a Toro Rosso.

The Trofeo Lorenzo Bandini is an ongoing tribute to the leading Italian driver of his period, who was burned to death in an accident at Monaco in 1967.

Last year's winner was Robert Kubica, and before him Felipe Massa. Mark Webber, Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya, Jenson Button, Jarno Trulli, Alex Wurz, Giancarlo Fisichella, Jacques Villeneuve and David Coulthard have also been similarly honoured.

Vettel will receive the trophy from Bandini's widow in the town square.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Comments

• Well done Sebastian.

That would be cool thing to see a formula 1 car (a pseudo-Minardi especially) being paraded through the streets.

Does anyone know if you can win the award more than once?
  • I'm pretty sure that you can't win it more than once.

Didn't realise Luca di Montezemolo had won the award in the past too.

A bit confused how Kubica won it last year (for year 2007) surely Hamilton was more of an obvious choice?

But fully deserved for Seb Vet.