Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

BMW Exit

After all the hot air between Max and FOTA one assumed that all the manufacturers would hand around till 2012. Well not so. I wonder when Renault will pull the pin.

Maybe BMW might let Kubica go to Ferrari???

Well Brawn has showed what can be done.

I'm sure Max will be grinning like a cheshire cat...

Comments

• He's always right.
  • Stoddy & Sauber?????
  • Peter sauber still owns a 20% stake in the team. I see BMW transfering the team to him with a suitable dowry. The assumption being that he keeps it running for at least 3 years to avoid any breaches in EU employment law.
  • I wonder if Petronas will buy out BMW?
  • now that's an interesting thought!
  • Apparantly Peter Sauber and Mario Thiessen are working together to try and "Do a Brawn" and save the team via management buyout.
  • I recently read that Nelson Piquet wants to buy the team (except the 20% from Peter Sauber). But that was not stated yet. Would be an option, also because his son will not drive for Renault any longer.

It would be a shame to loose Sauber on the grid.
  • The FIA have re-opened the applications for new teams.

Only Epsilon Euskadi have declared their interest so far. I think Lola may also be interested not sure about anyone else though.
  • well, don't forget about Superfund. They said they would make an own series if they cannot take part in F1 next year, so money does not to seem the problem.
  • I just read that they definetly will not take part next Season.

David Richards (once again) says that-if the new concorde agreemnet supports him- would like to take part and they could have a car ready in october(!).

Hopefully FIA remembers what happened, when he tried to enter F1 in 2008.

I think Epsilon-Euskadi is the team who will get the place.
  • i would say Suber, in whatever name are still favourites as they are an established team, not a startup.
  • I know its just a fake-team in rfactor, but there is a team called "Minardi Petronas F4 Team" in a Mod for this game. I kinda like this idea.......Minardi Petronas F1 Team would be a nice option.