Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Monza

Still very close at the top - what a season. Surely RBR back Webbo now?!

Comments

• Will do! Any inside info on Crashgate?
  • yes hope we see the Minardi flag! It reminds us of better times!
  • and Forza Kimi!

I hope this guy enjoyed the race :)
  • Just back from Monza - what a great place for a race. Up there among my favourites like Albert Park. Greenery makes such a difference and the Royal Park is lovely; like a bigger, warmer and nicer Brands Hatch. I think the mountain setting of the Osterreichring is the prettiest but Monza comes very close. The old banking is amazing and terrifying - it seems steeper and is definitely more narrow than Brooklands.

We were just inside the first chicane and although there wasn't much overtaking we were in the best place to see the Lewis/Kimi/Rubens battle as they came out of the pits. Quite a few empty seats due, I think, to the Silverstone-style pricing strategy. The food and drink on site was extortionate so we took a picnic on Sunday. We had Swiss Sauber fans near us + Finnish tifosi. Where have all the Germans gone?! I saw one other Brit with an '03 vintage Minardi shirt! Sadly, no antique Minardi lion flags on sale. I think Jello got the last of those at Imola '05 - the swine.

I would thoroughly recommend this race. Milan is lovely and the train service to Monza is quite good - Sunday much better than Saturday.

As far as crashgate goes, no particular paddock intel apart from a general vibe that if any team was to try it it would be Renault. I still find it very hard to believe.

re: Ferrari KERS - Fisi proved the point really. Apparently the electronics are fiendish with the TOIT drivers making up to 23 adjustments per lap.
  • Am on my way to Italy for il classico! Mrs viges has organised a surprise significant birthday present (thank-you RJ for your role in this).
    Anytime, old fruit (with the emphasys on old), anytime ;)

hats off to Sutil!
  • i do agree with you, viges, Monza is one of if not the nicest track out there!
  • An excellent insight as usual, viges. Much appreciated.
  • During the race I was kind of sad that the director skipped most pitstops. After reading what happened to one of the HRT mechanics I'm kind of happy that he did. I read that there's a clip of it on youtube, but I think I'd rather not see it.

I hope Webber will get his chance now. McLaren didn't fulfill on their expectations for this race. Even thought everyone considered the track to be most suitable for them, I think Webber must now be the favourite for the title.
  • Good win by Fred, but at what cost? No more new engines for the rest of the year, without penalty. That will hurt at some point.

Well done by button. He did it all just right until the pitstop. Still, I think that under the circumstances he should be pretty happy with 2nd.

Where is Massa's head? Anybody who finds it should hand it in. Talk about hot and cold. When Button started to struggle behind Fred, Massa should have been going crazy trying to get to him, but he just stayed there. It almost looked like when Smedley told everything was going great, that Massa popped downstairs and hopped in the jacuzzi.

Talk about finding things; does Webber take his cue to start the race from the car in front, or something? He should shelve any plans he may have of going drag racing, cause his reaction time is awful. I actually just watched him at the start, and he's just later than everyone else. Hamilton came from behind and had 50 metres on him by the first corner. He also did that really stupid thing of sitting right in the middle of the two lines. Result? rosberg down the inside, and half the filed down the other side. He did that in Valaencia and it hurt for the next three corners, and it hurt for the njext three corners in Monza too. Mark - if you're reading this? (why not), when you start bad......GO TO THE INSIDE AND BLOODY WELL STAY THERE. After that he drove very well. One of his best this year I would say. The pass on Schumaker would have been completely stuffed up by the Webber of three years ago, but this guy was thoughtful, gritty, and drove out the other end in front. Nice

Now hands up all those who smelled a rat the moment that Seb shrilled "Enchin prblem!!!......My enchin iss dyink!!" I certainly did. Particularly when; twiddle twiddle, thump thump, and he was doing PBs a lap later. Can't say anything now though, cause he got back in front. Bit of irony using Webber's long-game strategy against him. Bet Seb had a chuckle over that one with his mates at the pre-school afterwards.

Good work from Rosberg to position the Merc early and hold on, though we never got to see how he was going.

As for the rest, Kubica had no real pace, and Hulkenburg looked every bit like Elio De Angeles at Monaco. Slow as a wet week and just as hard to pass. Emmo must have popped out for a ciggie break at least three times that we got to see.

Force India gets no 2010 reward for paying for Merc engines, and Torr rosso get slower, and slower.

Finally, three cheers for Clueless. According to him he was 'Positioning' the car. The place that he was positioning it was on the outside of the della Roggia; no doubt so that he could have a clear outside run through the Lesmos. I reckon he was thinking that he could muscle past Massa, but he never got far enough down the fuselage so that Massa could even see him. Pretty poor outcome from a poor move.

I'm not onboard with any of this talk about the world Championship though. If Webber gets good qualy and stays smart, picking up at least places, then yes, he has a chance. But there really are still five of them in it, and predictions now would be quite stupid, because any one of them could still finish fifth.
  • Yes, I know, but after the next race the teams will have to pick their winners.