Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Flavio the Legend

Love him or loathe him there was always something about Flavio, I mean how can a man who looks like Peter Stringfellow's dad with a sunbed addiction still manage to date, Niaomi Campbell, Heidi Klum and he's now married to 28 year old Wonderbra model Elisabetta Gregoraci.

Even though what he did, if proved, was terrible I think Formula 1 will be a worse place without Flav. (god I never thought I'd say that)

Comments

• couldn't agree more, the guy was in the foreign legion, legend has it, and the way he marketed Benetton in the 80s and 90s was exemplary. What a guy!!Italy's next PM?
  • Don't worry, guys, you won't miss your Flav for long: when Mosley leaves to Todt (or Vatanen, as I still hope), Flav will be back. In Melbourne 2010 he'll be be there...if Renault is there, of course....

As for me, although I recognize his marketing and managerial ability (but I think there is also something somehow illegal behind his rise), I wouldn't miss him at all. Perhaps it's because you see him from afar, but in Italy we're really fed up of him.
  • he will sure be better than Berlusconi :-)
  • Banned for life.. guess FIA reckoned they can't really hurt him (or his wallet) by handing him a fine.
  • Originally posted by printscreen
    Banned for life.. guess FIA reckoned they can't really hurt him (or his wallet) by handing him a fine.
    I doubt the FIA has the authority to fine or punish anyone. The only way they will be able to maintain this ban is by threatening to revoke the licenses of the people that want to hire him.

[Edited on 21-9-09 by Stan]
  • What happens to the drivers Flav manages?

He manages Webbo, Heikki "Legohead" Kovalainen, Grosjean and one other who's name I've forgotten. doh.

If they change managers will Flav sue for breach of contract?
  • Should this be his epitaph?

This is an amazing victory for Renault and for Fernando. Since Friday we knew that the car was very competitive and we were very disappointed at the end of qualifying. Today the car was extremely quick, stronger than the Ferrari and McLaren, and although we had some luck when the safety car came out, we deserved this victory. It’s a very important result for Renault after two difficult seasons and helps us prepare for 2009 in the best way possible
  • Originally posted by steamdrivenhammer
    What happens to the drivers Flav manages?

He manages Webbo, Heikki "Legohead" Kovalainen, Grosjean and one other who's name I've forgotten. doh.

If they change managers will Flav sue for breach of contract?
    I'sn't that 'other one' Nelsinho :P
    Thought he manages Alonso too?

Heard FIA will revoke their superlicenses for 2010 and they will only get a new one if they take on a new manager.
  • The judgment is a bit exaggerated, but too beautiful to be true. Max won't be in time to manage the appeal, and in appeal the disqualification will be reduced to a few months and the other penalties will be lifted. I still think we'll see him in Bahrein on March 14 next year.
    But it has to be admitted Max did a good job! :-) :-)
  • Lego head :-) I like that!
  • Originally posted by Neil_s
    Lego head :-) I like that!
    I was going to say Kryton instead of Legohead but I wasn't sure if anyone would get the reference.
  • Red Dwarf FTW :)
  • The Tribunal de Grand Instance of Paris (a civil court) lifted the ban on Flav and Symonds stating FIA had not the authority to disqualify them. FIA can still appeal the decision, so the disqualification is still effective, and they said they will appeal, as the court only judged on procedural issues, not on the merits of the voluntary accident, and FIA will not accept in F1 anyone that puts people's life onto high risk.

Flav said he's happy about the decision, that gives him back dignity and freedom, and that a true justice could not be found in the sport tribunal, given Mosley's deliberate intention to damage him.
    Anyway, by now he's not thinking to come back, and he said his mind is only on the forthcoming son.

Perhaps not in 2010, but unfortunately we'll see him again in F1, I'm afraid.
    The good news is that Renault (that despite all rumours will remain in F1 for 2010) has hired the new general director, who will be Eric Boullier, a French track engineer who already managed the France A1GP team in 2007/09. But for how long?
  • Flav agreed with FIA on him not being able to have any operative role in F1 until 31 December 2012, then we may see again in F1.
    I was too pessimistic in fearing to see him again in 2010 or 2011, but unfortunately I was realistic in knowing we had not got rid of him yet......
  • Wouldn't it be cool if Flav was Durango's mystery backer. I mean the cars will run as Durango's for 2011 & 2012 and then miraculously transform into Flavio's for 2013. Imagine him rolling up at Bahrain 2013 flanked by a line of women so beautiful even Berlusconi's jealous.
  • Guess who was on the BA Milan-London plane a few rows before me, and just ahead of me at the passport control at Heathrow two days ago? Yes, you guessed, HIM, our national Flav!!!!!

I spoke to him and sent him Nelson and Nelsinho Piquet's regards uaaaaaaahahahahahaha!
  • Urrg...you should never let anyone outside the family know what you are thinking.

Lucky for you he didn't have a Lupara on him.