Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

2010 driver line up update

Therefore the 2010 grid looks like this so far

Brawn GP
Button
Rosberg
Red Bull
Vettel
Webbo
Ferrari
Massa
Alonso
Renault
Kubica
Grosjean
Williams
Rubens
Hulkenberg
Toyota
Trulli
Glock probably
QADBAK
Heidfeld
(an other Klein, Senna or soemone with Cash)
McLaren
Hamilton
Kimi
Torro Rosso
Buemi (just for the required Sebastian)
Jaime Alguesuari Jr.
Force India
Liuzzi
Sutil (german driver merc engines sorted)
USF1GPE
No clue (bernie questions if they're gonna be on the grid so no idea)
Some young American (Summerton, Hildebrand, Rozenwieg, Rahal, Marco Andretti)
Campos Meta
Someone Spanish (Gene, Da La Rosa
Pantano maybe
Manor
Been talking to
Davidson
Carroll
Lotus F1 Team
No clue
Someone with cash
Fairuz Fauzy
someone experienced, who hasn't got a drive elsewhere. Heikki?

Anybody heard any other rumours? This list is based on what BBC commentators were saying during the Singapore weekend.

[Edited on 28-9-09 by steamdrivenhammer]

Comments

• i might actually tune in again with all those small teams, especially Campos has potential!
  • When i heard about Lotus one name popped into mind: Alex Yoong.. ;)
  • Apparantly the team principle has already contacted Alex Yoong about a role with team but Alex himself has said the it wouldn't be a driving role.
  • Alonso confirmed at TOIT. Worst kept secret is verified. Maranello really is leakier than a sieve.

Now we wait for Kimi back to Mclaren and Rosberg to Brawn + Hulkenberg to Williams.

And what if Massa is found to have lost his edge? What if ...
  • ... and Rubens to Williams? All slotting in as we speak.
  • i can't wait to see Fernando in a Ferrari!
  • According to Autosport.com Kimi may not be in F1 next year. Apparantly he's not made his mind up yet. If he does go it's going to mean a lot of shuffling in the driver market.
  • Where will Fisi fit into all this?
  • Originally posted by Minardi4eva
    Where will Fisi fit into all this?
    According to this week's Autosport he'll test for Ferrari whilst driving for QADBAK.
  • test? what is that these days? worse than spyker two years ago who announced a football team of test drivers who never ever set foot in the car apart from Winkelhock
  • Originally posted by forzaminardi
    test? what is that these days? worse than spyker two years ago who announced a football team of test drivers who never ever set foot in the car apart from Winkelhock
    I think i was on that list too, weren't you guys?

:D
  • according to motorsport-total.com Kubica will drive for Renault in 2010, he is already having a contract.
  • Confirmed, Kubica in Renault.
    I want to see if USF1 and "Lotus" will be really on the grid in Bahrein 2010.

QADBAK have the lack to have the plans for next year's car already done by BMW, otherwise I would seriously doubtful on them as well......
  • According to this weeks Autosport plus other recent articles all the new teams seems to progressing well apart from Campos which seems very very quiet.

Driver wise USF1 have admiited they may not field an American driver in its 1st season.

Team Lotus. Favourite line up is apparantly Trulli and Fauzy.

Loads of Brits have been mention for the Manor drives.

QADBAK looks as though they wont be allowed to race cause no-one knows where the cash is coming from.
  • Barrichello has confirmed on Brazilian TV that he signed with Williams. I bet Williams is going to have a great season next year.
  • I think Hulkenburg will surprise a few people.

Oh according to last weeks Autosport Bruno (Senna) Lalli is closing in on a Campos seat alongside Pedro De La Rosa. The only stumbling block could be Vitaly Petrov who has £15million of backers trying to get him a seat.
  • Glock to either Renault or Manor/Virgin
  • Apparantly Glock will be confirmed at Renault this week and according the the Legard on the bbc coverage Trulli and Sato are favourites for the Lotus seats.

Legohead may get a drive at Toyota alongside Kamakazi Kobaiyashi.
  • Pedro De La Rosa will join Kobayashi at Sauber.
    Which means Heidfeld will go to Mercedes as third driver, ready to replace M$ at the end of the season, to keep the "all-German" team.
    M$ rejected n. 4, and asked to race with n.3, for scaramancy reasons: he always preferred the odd numbers, and he's won with them all of his titles: n.1 (95, 01, 02, 03, 04), n. 3 (00) and n. 5 (94). So, Rosberg will have n. 4.

With Pedro joining, the average age of this year's drivers' line-up will be unusually higher than the trend in the last 15 years: there will be M$ (41, first over-40 after Mansell in 1995), De la Rosa (39), Barrichello (38), and Trulli (36), plus there is Fisichella (37) who may replace Massa in the first races should Felipe not be fit yet plus there is still a remote possibility to see Jacques Villeneuve (39) joining USF1. I'll believe it only when I see it, but then again I said the same also about M$ joining Mercedes.
  • Originally posted by manlio27
    M$ rejected n. 4, and asked to race with n.3, for scaramancy reasons: he always preferred the odd numbers, and he's won with them all of his titles: n.1 (95, 01, 02, 03, 04), n. 3 (00) and n. 5 (94). So, Rosberg will have n. 4.
    If Michael doesn't like even numbers why is he going for an 8th World Title!!!!!!
  • It looks like USF1 are going to confirm Jose Maria Lopez at a press conference in Argentina on Monday.

Apparently Carlos Reutemann has used his political connects to get Lopez some government backing.
  • And they did.

I kind of like USF1. Their website is fun, it has a bunch of youtube videos on it that give you a real insight into the team. I get a good feeling about the team of watching them and I'm kind of wondering why Ecclestone has so many doubts about them. Maybe he knows something we don't.
  • According to Peter Sauber Fisi didn't get the drive because of his testing contract with TOIT.

Interesting.