Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Suzuka - the last great track

I'm glad they have not sanitised this track. Its what it should be like. Fast curves, high kerbs and something to punish errors be it gravel traps or an unforgiving armco.
Speaking of armcos did anyone see Buemi attempt to use his car as a can opener at the spoon curve and then proceed to tootle back to the pits on the racing line at 130R! What a prat!!!

Comments

• Well done Seb V - make 'em work for it. Brawn really are wobbly.

Agreed on Suzuka but I would add Spa. Eau Rouge and 130R have both been sanitised though + car aero means they are both flat now. Bring back gravel traps - they may not slow down cars but they sure stop them rejoining the track. Sorts the men out from the boys although, as Brundle said, it is very unfair to throw in nippers at the deep end without any testing (Algersuari, Grosjean, etc.)

Jense just needs four more points but as Damon says:
    "This is dragging on a bit," he said. "He really does have to lift his game, to put his stamp of authority on this one and make sure it happens."

Come on Jenson!
  • Yes, yes Spa's up there as well but they really have made the track too easy now except for Pouhon.
    Ross Brawn summed it up. The fastest way around Suzuka is oversteer bias. Problem is most drivers with that balnce will run out of Talent long before they run out of road, as Alguesari found out!
  • It's the greatest work of the genius, Hans Hugenholz... Tilke doesn't even deserve to stand in his shade.
  • I kinda like Istanbul, Monza, Silverstone and Sepang as well, but Spa and Suzuka are by far the best. If you think about the recent tracks (Hungaroring, Barcelona, Magny Cours, the new Imola, the new Nuerburgring, the new Hockenhaim, Bahrein) the situation is really frustrating. And the new insertions from last year, Valencia and Singapore, make it even worse, Valencia looks like a Lego-track.

As for Button, he's trying to do everyhting possible to delegitimate his title, he got 61 points in the first 7 races and 24 (!) in the last 8 races. He'll pass to history as a guy who won only because he had an irregular car that secured him a ridiculous gap at the beginning, and won thanks to the inconsistency of others (Rubens, Webbo, Hamilton, even Vettel), but would not have won otherwise. Just like Rosberg in 1982 (who was a half champion, never been a real world champion, imho) and like Irvine would have been in 1999 had the wheel been there at the pits in Nuerburgring...
  • I see your point but the points table doesn't lie. Massa woulda/coulda/shoulda last year if Singapore hadn't turned out the way it had ...

I think it was Keke who said 'if, if, if ... if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle'.
  • I thought it was David Coulthard?
  • David Coulthard is Keke Rosberg's Aunt well I never you learn something new everyday.
  • No no, what I meant was that if his aunt would have had balls, she would have been David Coulthard ;-)
  • There are heaps of great tracks around, just F1 is too gutless to use them.

The 1000 at Bathurst was on at the weekend. Oh how I would love to see these guys try that one. But of course in formula one, the drivers have to be saved from themselves, so in place of sensible driving they get sanitised strips marke out on enormous carparks.

Twenty two F1 cars going over Skyline and down through the dipper. That would be worth paying to see.