Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Toyota's Gone

Toyota have announced they're pulling of Formula 1 with immediate effect.

Bummer but sadly inevitable all that money poured in with no rewards.

Good news for Sauber/QADBAK though.

Gutted for Kobaiyashi.

Comments

• poor Kamui.. i hope some other team picks him up.. he would be a real assett for the sport..
  • Kobayashi was great but Toyota F1 must have been the most costly failure in the history of F1
  • Just now on http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/:

Renault could be next to pull out.. :o
  • Sad, but what did they achieve that a well run independent couldn't?

Seems like F1 is looking like it did in the 80's. The colourful world of F1 is slowly turning beige.

As long as the racing is good (which it aint at the moment), with great looking cars (ditto) and charismatic drivers (ditto, ditto) then
    what are we really losing?

viva la revolution...
  • Apparantley Bernie isn't too chuffed with Toyota because they've pulled out after signing the Concorde agreement. Rumours are his legal are preparing papers and rubbing their hands.

According to some websites Toyota spent 4 Billion on F1 :o. ouch.
  • I'm sorry for them, they could have deserved something more, several times they were close to winning a race, but never did (STR did it in the only occasion....).
    But, specially after the Honda pullout, and considering the conservativeness of Japanese business environment, it was in the air.....perhaps, just like Honda, they pulled out just before their chance.....
    True that the amount of money they spent on F1 in 8 years without wins was ridiculous!

Renault is going to give an announcement within the end of the year, Ghosn said. Normally, this means they're gonna pull out as well. So, Bernie&Max got their aim, to get rid of the big constructors (except Ferrari and Mercedes).
    To control Toyota, Honda, Renault and BMW is far more difficult than to control Campos, Manor, QADBAK, Force India and "Lotus"......
    But, as far as the racing is good, I'm absolutely in favour of this return of F1 to the '80s atmosphere. I only hope it not to become a grotesque circus of teams not having the money to make it to the next race!