Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

Return of the Schumi

Fantastic, intriguing, mouth-watering. I can't help feeling its going to end in tears ...

For one thing, Brawn/Merc was the team to be in for 2009, not 2010.

How many good comebacks have there been? Mansell, Prost, Lauda, ... but those guys waited for the undoubted top team and I'm pretty sure that's not Brawn anymore but you never know. That's why all our eyes will be on Bahrain on March 12th.

Happy New Year!

Comments

• Ca-ching!!!

Bernie can hear money rolling in.

I think Merc will be very strong as they are starting from a strong base.
    So will Ferrari and Mclaren.

I think the tears will be for Red Bull unfortunately.
    I can't see them having two strong years in a row.
    Hope I'm wrong.
  • Jackie Stewart was on the BBC tonight and he brought up Schumi's 'retirement' in 2006. It reminded me it seemed a bit odd at the time, sort of forced onto him because TOIT wanted to nab Kimi while it could.

Anyway, Jackie's point was that Schumi retired too soon so a comeback was always probable.
  • Yep, he returned because of passion, only passion. And I like it.
    Probably, his retirement in 2006 was sort of forced by Ferrari. Alonso had just joined McLaren, if M$ stayrd Kimi would have probably signed a multi-year deal with Renault, so Ferrari told M$ "either you stay for 2 years, or you retire, you cannot stay only 1 year". M$ had his wife insisting for retirement, so he decided not to stay for 2 years but to retire immediately. But he was not tired of it yet.

I still wonder what's gonna happen if, after 3 races, Mercedes proves to be totally uncompetitive....which is difficult, but possible, also considering that the Alonso-Ferrari pair will probably be super!
  • He visited for 2 days the Brackley factory, after visiting the Mercedes factory at Brixworth.
    And he said the team is made of brilliant people, with a great way of working, fully committed and still hungry, despite the recent titles, and he's fully committed as well to go into the new season and win.
    Last but not least, he's happy because many people in the team speak German.....
  • As MacBeth said 'Tis better to go on than to return'.....
  • Something must have happened with TOIT, he keeps provoking.
    After saying he loves being able to speak German in the pits, he swore eternal love to Mercedes, he said that his 3-year deal with Mercedes (1 as driver, 2 as image-guy) shall be more than 3, after saying last year he would have renewd his consultancy contract with Ferrari. Moreover, he said Massa is like his little brother, but it will not be a problem on track, as he already competed with his brother - thereby implicitly saying that Massa is as slow as Ralf.......

In Italy, there is the impression that he and Montezemolo must have had some argument about something, let's see in in the future we'll get something more.....

Meanwhile, Barrichello (who clearly did not forget his 6 years as last-wheel-of-the-cart) advised Rosberg to "promptly get away from Michael.....".