Existing Users: Because of an update to the forum software you will need to reset your password. Please use the "Forgot?" link on the sign in form to do so. If that doesn't work, send me an email at feedback@forzaminardi.com and I'll sort you out!

impressum?!

I need to make a website in german and english. no problem.

BUT: would you understand the term 'impressum' if you read it?

It contains the adress of the author (like adress, email, phonenumber) and it has to be a part of the website in german law.
(I am german by the way).

wikipedia says there's no translation in modern english for impressum. So that's the problem because sofar I am using the term on the english site aswell.

Comments

• Why don't you translate it with "Contacts"?
    Impressum is actually German, does not have a meaning in English.
  • okay, so you do not understand it, I guess.

What is about "about..."? I recently saw my company is using this on their english website.

I already got a scetion with "contact" where you open a contact-formular so that would be a bit confusing.
  • Ok, I've understood. You can translate the "Impressum" section as "About me" or "About us".
    But normally this is a narrative section where you give news about yourself, or your project, or your company.
    The addresses, e-mails, phone number, etc., are in the "Contacts" section, along with the formulaire.
  • thanks alot.
  • impressum is usually translated as "contact" or "about us"